PDA

View Full Version : Track A Day From Up Starting 10/31

Surfette
10-31-2002, 01:52 AM
I found something else from another Shania board, listen to a track a day, go here: Sympatico Feature - Shania Twain (http://music.sympatico.ca/features/shania/)

I had to put this for everyone to before I went to sleep. :)

DOC BILL
10-31-2002, 08:26 AM
Looks like it's for Canadians only. DOC

rtc
10-31-2002, 08:28 PM
Not true Doc. Click on the link and scroll down to hear the first of 19.......Up!. I'll post my thoughts in another thread.

Amanda

Steve F
11-02-2002, 02:43 PM
"She's Not Just A Pretty Face"

I have listened to both Pop and Country versions on Sympatico and on shaniatwain.com/countdown. I seem to have a dilema. I like both versions although this song isn't as much to my liking as UP or IGGG. There is quite a difference in the backgrounds and it is noticeable. I also have a distinct feeling Shania may have been thinking about comments made in the past about her being a puppet of her husband, and that she was just a lap dancer. In addition, my impression of Shania has always been that she totally respects any and all women in whatever walk of life they represent. Obviously this is what she is saying in this song. :)

Steve

cbspock
11-02-2002, 02:56 PM
I like both versions of this song. :)

I really like the "shania country" versions of the songs so far.

-Chris

Cheyenne55
11-02-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by cbspock
I like both versions of this song. :)

I really like the "shania country" versions of the songs so far.

-Chris

Me too. I love the country version of "UP"

Not just a pretty face is good in both versions, but I am leaning toward the Country one a little more.

Ya know, so far, this is a darn good album. It is uplifting and fun. I have been singing "UP" all day. At least the chorus. It's stuck in my head ( I hate when that happens):)

I be a thinking she has got us good once again

Debbie
11-03-2002, 02:03 AM
Steve F.
I also think that the lyrics to "She Not Just A Pretty Face" stem from a coment that Vince Gill made on a past CMA Award show. It was something like 'no one in Nashville could believe that someone so beautiful could also be talented, and Shania you just proved them wrong'. I don't remember the actual quote but that is close. I like the song - very positive song.:)