PDA

View Full Version : Juanita!

FV
11-03-2002, 02:44 PM
Juanita! :) I love the song..very well written, Shania sings is perfectly..she always has that peculiar way to pronoucne some words...great song, I wonder where she heard the name Juanita...:BL

Sheri
11-03-2002, 02:51 PM
Odd.... the personality I think of when I'm facing a difficult situation is the one who co-wrote Juanita. I think "how would Shania handle this". Okay.... think of THAT when I walk into a tough situation. So, the Juanita in me actually goes by the professional name of Shania. :D

cbspock
11-03-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Sheri
Odd.... the personality I think of when I'm facing a difficult situation is the one who co-wrote Juanita. I think "how would Shania handle this". Okay.... think of THAT when I walk into a tough situation. So, the Juanita in me actually goes by the professional name of Shania. :D

LOL!!!!
Well, people would have attacked her for having of huge ego if she wrote a song called "SHANIA"

-Chris

cbspock
11-03-2002, 02:55 PM
I like the country version just as much as the pop version. :D This is one song, when I read the lyrics I thought was going to rot.

-Chris

kirppu
11-03-2002, 03:11 PM
My Favourite! I love this song and those Spanish guitars!
If I happen to be standing while this is on, my feet just start to move along! Like with COO -song. I cannot stand still with this song! AAH! I simply love it!

I have now listened to it for 3 hours. I keep clicking play, play, play! Anyone else doing this or am I unnatural? :D

I think I like the pop version a tad better with this song.
The country version is a bit "slower".
But really it does not matter, I love both versions so much!
It may also be that later on I will like the country version better as with other songs. I love that I can choose :)

sas
11-03-2002, 06:46 PM
The most traditional station in our area just previewed Juanita. WOW! I'm blown away. It's the only track I've been able to hear since IGGG. If this is any indication of the rest of the songs we all are going to be blown away.

Sheri
11-03-2002, 11:48 PM
I would love to see a video for this song. Can you imagine how beautiful she'd be in Flaminco attire?

cbspock
11-03-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Sheri
I would love to see a video for this song. Can you imagine how beautiful she'd be in Flaminco attire?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Yeah, I can...lol :p

-Chris

Little Shania
11-05-2002, 11:13 PM
"Juanita" is sooooo beautiful and just an awesome song!!:D:D

portacoino
11-06-2002, 04:23 AM
well it's so good but i'm from spain and i like that shania introduces spanish letters on her songs but she has a bad pronunciation. in you've got a way she says te amo mucho mi amor (i love you so much) and she sound so much forced, it's no natural but well she did it well but in juanita she says guanita wich is not the same guanita isn't nothing in spanish i love shania singing in spanish and i'm waiting to a songs singed in spanish like other singer does but i really prefer she does it when she does it good.spanish is not easy but it sound so good if you do it well.

although her spanish is bad i love that songs and that she tries to do it.

i really think she will release songs in spanish someday she is doing a little bit album by album

1995-whose bed have your boots been under?-she says lolita ...spanish flame, well it's only a word lolita but it was the beginning
1997-you've got a way-she says te amo mucho mi amor & te amo-not a full songs but she was making sentences.
2002-juanita-the tittle of one songs in spanish

with french she's doing the same and maybe french will be first than spanish as she's living in a french country and in canada french is also official.

another thing i'm the only one who has though that juanita sound like a simpsons song, in simpsons tv series one day they sung a song about a 4x4 car called colorado that could arrive everywhere and when i hear juanita i remember that episode.

Jud
11-06-2002, 10:14 AM
What a great song, the tune, the lyrics, the message!
Absolutely sweeping!

Steve F
11-06-2002, 10:17 AM
I agree with everyone. It's a nice Spanish song, a little bit Country and a little bit Pop. A good change of pace. I also agree a video could be so nice. I think the Pop version is a little richer and/or fuller.:)

Steve