PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Ain't No Particular Way

Shaniafan2000
11-05-2002, 02:03 PM
I know I am going to get a lot of flak for this, but i am not too crazy about Ain't No Particular Way. I have heard the pop and country versions and i can't say that the country version is much different from the pop version, but I have loved all of the other songs I have heard, and will have to hear the entire country version to compare with the pop version before making any judgements. I'm sorry, but this is a song I don't care for too much at all, but maybe it will grown on me like "Come On Over" (the song) and If You Want To Touch Her Ask! did. I really like the pop version of IYWTTHA!, but am still not thrilled about the country version. Anyway, i want to know what everyone else thinks about Ain't No Particular Way

Cheyenne55
11-05-2002, 02:16 PM
:( Sorry the song doesn't grab ya. But everyone has different taste in music and there is nothing wrong with that. I really think that is why Shania has put together such a diverse album with different mixes. There are gonna be songs that you love and some that you don't like.

For me, this one grabs me. I love the way her voice sings the words. It has a blues and R&B flavor to it, almost a 20's sound. I just love the way she sings "Particular" with that slight break as she sings it.

Personnaly it is one of my favorites, ok, so maybe all of them so far are favorites but this one is a shade above the others.:BL

Joni
11-05-2002, 03:12 PM
Well I'll be honest and say I had to make myself listen to the entire song. Any other artist and I would have stopped. But in a strange way that's good.......reminds me she is human and that I'm not nuts thinking 99% of what she does is amazing.

Don't fear telling what you think about the songs. As long as you are respectful you can be honest! I don't believe Shania wants programmed fans that think everything she sings is the ultimate song!

Joni

cbspock
11-05-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Joni
Well I'll be honest and say I had to make myself listen to the entire song. Any other artist and I would have stopped. But in a strange way that's good.......reminds me she is human and that I'm not nuts thinking 99% of what she does is amazing.

Don't fear telling what you think about the songs. As long as you are respectful you can be honest! I don't believe Shania wants programmed fans that think everything she sings is the ultimate song!

Joni

I would say this is my least favorite song on the album, right up there with Holding on to love from COO

-Chris

FV
11-05-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Cheyenne55
[B]For me, this one grabs me. I love the way her voice sings the words. It has a blues and R&B flavor to it, almost a 20's sound. I just love the way she sings "Particular" with that slight break as she sings it.
Exactly my thoughts...:BL I love the way she can use her voice...amazing! so many ways she can sing..and Mutt too for vocals...:cool:

Raider
11-05-2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Shaniafan2000
I know I am going to get a lot of flak for this, but i am not too crazy about Ain't No Particular Way.

I think you're having a problem with Ain't No Particular Way cause it came after "Forever and For Always"! :eek: What a song. :D

I like "Ain't No Particular Way" but there are songs on the album I like more. It happens. :)

DOC BILL
11-05-2002, 08:35 PM
I think it's a neat song-very different than anything out there for some time-sounds like it could be a title song for some movie-her voice sounds good doing the song-but it's not one of my favorites so far. I agree "Forever and Always" totally knocked my soxs off. No question is is my favorite all time Shania song already! Tough act for No Particular Way to follow. DOC

cbspock
11-05-2002, 08:50 PM
This would make an interesting video, maybe Shania singing in like old jazz and blues club or something like that.

-Chris

Debbie
11-05-2002, 10:00 PM
I'm also not thrilled with ANPW. I know that it will grow on me because I do love the way she says "particular". I agree that it had a disadvantage following FAFA, which in my opinion is one of her best ever! I have not given up on ANPW I know it will get me just like she has.:)

cbspock
11-05-2002, 10:03 PM
I do like the country version a little better.

-Chris

Little Shania
11-05-2002, 11:03 PM
I absolutely love it! :):)

Jud
11-05-2002, 11:07 PM
Well , I think too, that this is not the best of her, but it is also very diverse, so hard to tell.
It is strange a bit, because it's not flowing so smooth, like most of her songs, and of course Juanita and FAFA before it. But it's groovy.It needs time, to get use to it.
I like the artistic freedom or/and confidence with this song, she took. Actually with what I'm already heard from the album.

cbspock
11-13-2002, 11:56 PM
Ok..the more I listen to this song, the more I am starting to like it. I think this is one of those sleeper songs, just kinda grows on ya.

-Chris

Redhead Bee
11-14-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Shaniafan2000
I know I am going to get a lot of flak for this, but i am not too crazy about Ain't No Particular Way.

I tried also but did not like it much :(