PDA

View Full Version : shania is doing so bad!!!

portacoino
11-05-2002, 02:16 PM
shania wants to get us crazy she's releasing her album in my opinion so bad, i don't know what i'm gonna get

up!:
up! europe:red+ blue
up! usa:green+blue
up! remixes usa:red (only tape)[why?]ìt appears on cdnow and on barnes & noble
what about up! green in europe? we can't get it?
up! japan:red+blue what's the bonus?

single:
"i'm gonna getcha good":
01-i'm gonna getcha good [red]
02-c'est la vie [red]

"i'm gonna getcha good maxi single":
02-c'est la vie [blue]
03-in my car [red]
04-in my car [blue]

"i'm gonna getcha good uk cd 1":
02-c'est la vie [red]
03-c'est la vie [blue]

"i'm gonna getcha good uk cd 2":
02-in my car [red]
03-in my car [blue]

"i'm gonna getcha good australia cd 1":
01-i'm gonna getcha good [green]
02-c'est la vie [red]
03-c'est la vie [green]

"i'm gonna getcha good australia cd 2":
02-in my car [red]
03-in my car [green]

it's too difficult to get all the songs .it's so expensive
:(

in hmv.co.jp you can find:
up! us edition
up! us edition remixes [red] [tape]
up!europe edition [red + blue]
up! japan edition [red+?]
up! australian edition

FV
11-05-2002, 02:26 PM
Just buy the CDs you find in your own town first...then with time you can concentrate on buying the international versions online...:BL Just listen to the album, any version, request the songs, this album is the GREATEST ever, ..no matter which version you buy, it is worth your money...;)

Jud
11-05-2002, 02:34 PM
I'm not sure, you're right about the US release, according to cduniverse.com it's country&pop
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?style=MUSIC&pid=5271834&cart=130026110

There are still a lot of question marks, but it will be clearer till the 18/19 of november.

Well, you must buy what you like, and also what your pocket is allowing.

Vivashania
11-05-2002, 02:35 PM
A few years ago I decided I would try to get one copy of every version of every release. I didn't make it. With so many demos, promos and various versions of the same CD's the task was awesome. I finally decided to just be sure I had every mix of every recording without bothering with tracking down CD's that merely duplicated tracks I already had on other CD's. I'll do that this time, too. I've not ordered any singles yet. After I have the albums, I'll just order singles that contain mixes that are not already on my albums. I can get a complete collection of the music that way without going crazy (and broke) trying to get hold of every European, Asian, Australian, South American, etc. single even if I already have the mixes they contain.

portacoino
11-05-2002, 02:36 PM
I LOVE SHANIA AND UNTIL KNOW I HAVE ALL HER SONGS IN ANY SOUND AND I STILL WANT TO GET ALL I WANT ALL VERSIONS.

portacoino
11-05-2002, 02:41 PM
I KNOW WHAT ARE YOU SAYING I HAVE ONLY THE ALBUMS IN MY OPINION REMIXES ARE WORST THAN THE ORIGINAL BUT IN COO AND IN UP! WE HAVE COUNTRY/POP AND NOW COUNTRY/POP/WORLD AND I ONLY WANT THE ORIGINALS.BUT IN AN EASY WAY.

Steve F
11-06-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Vivashania
A few years ago I decided I would try to get one copy of every version of every release. I didn't make it. With so many demos, promos and various versions of the same CD's the task was awesome. I finally decided to just be sure I had every mix of every recording without bothering with tracking down CD's that merely duplicated tracks I already had on other CD's. I'll do that this time, too. I've not ordered any singles yet. After I have the albums, I'll just order singles that contain mixes that are not already on my albums. I can get a complete collection of the music that way without going crazy (and broke) trying to get hold of every European, Asian, Australian, South American, etc. single even if I already have the mixes they contain.

I'm with you VIVA. This is a nearly impossible task. Since you and I are both Elvis fans also, do you have every release he has out, i.e., Vinyl, Cassette, CD, VHS, DVD, etc.? I sure don't and I suspect you don't either. This would be an even harder task. I have about 60 LPs, about 60-75 45 RPMs/33&1/3 Extended Plays, about 10 CDs [got started late with these], a couple of DVDs, a few cassettes, and 3 or 4 VHS. I don't really expect to get much more of his releases except for the CDs. I am slowly trying to replace the Vinyl LPs with the new CD versions, but I will keep all my Vinyls regardless. I have a nice turntable to play them on and make tapes.

Steve

cbspock
11-06-2002, 10:44 AM
I just want to be able to get every mix...it would be impossible to collect every single CD.

-Chris

rtc
11-07-2002, 02:22 AM
Yeah, but some people do!

Amanda

cbspock
11-07-2002, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by rtc
Yeah, but some people do!

Amanda

Yep!
I do try though...lol :p

-chris

NiaBrat
11-07-2002, 05:18 PM
I KNOW WHAT ARE YOU SAYING I HAVE ONLY THE ALBUMS IN MY OPINION REMIXES ARE WORST THAN THE ORIGINAL BUT IN COO AND IN UP! WE HAVE COUNTRY/POP AND NOW COUNTRY/POP/WORLD AND I ONLY WANT THE ORIGINALS.BUT IN AN EASY WAY.

Portacoino-these are the originals..she is just doing one version for her country fans and one version for her pop fans b/cuz she feels like she said in TV Guide that she has a lot of fans to write for and she doesn't want to disappoint one group and just do an album for one group, which is why she is having the pop and country versions packaged in the same album as a double CD. they are both the original songs, they just have different background music depending on the fans preference and/or when they became a Shania fan to whether they prefer the country versions of the Shania songs or the pop versions. you weill be getting the original versions, that is why there is a double CD. and there aren't that many artists out there that are that thoughtful and that considerate of their fans wishes and likes and dislikes to put in that extra time, work and money in order to do that for their fans like our Shania is doing for us. SHANIA FAN FOREVER AND ALWAYS NO MATTER WHAT!!! thanks you Shania and Eilleenn both for being the person you are when you are and when you aren't the Entertainer of the Millenium to be considerate and down to earth and big enough of a music lover to understand and feel the way about music that you do to do something like this for your fans. you are one spectacular person whether you are the mother, housewife,sister,friend,and neighbor or you are the superstar that we all love!! this is why so many of us look to you as a role model!!! YOU ROCK!! :band :kiss

luv-kelly aka NiaBrat

portacoino
11-08-2002, 03:40 AM
but you are forgetting that she has recorded another version called blue=asian that is gonna be package in another cd she's gonna release:
worldwide:red+ blue
worldwide:green [as it is country so much contries won't have it "come on over" country was only released in europe by universal germany as an import edition and it was also released in india but not worldwide.]
usa:red+ green
usa:blue [named up! remixes]

Vivashania
11-08-2002, 04:31 AM
So far, it looks simpler this time than it was the last. Once you have each of the three (red, green, blue) album versions, that's it. A couple variations (dance mix, etc.) may come along in the future but with so much "up front" there should never be the difficult world-wide search that was required to track down the variations on COO and its mixes. Maybe.

NiaBrat
11-08-2002, 07:48 PM
but you are forgetting that she has recorded another version called blue=asian that is gonna be package in another cd she's gonna release:

i understand what you are sayng portacoino, but this is much easier than al the versions on COO like Viva said and i think that Shania is a great person to do this for her fans, i don't think it should be criticized. if you know anything about he music business, you know artists have to make different mixes for different audiences and different countries in order to boost sales and make money off of the album that they have made and that they have put so much money and time into to make fo us, THE FANS. like i said before, there aren't many artists that would do what Shania is doing to make a special version of her album for her country fans and one for her pop fans. she is a wonderful person on and off stage and she is doing this to please her fans and connect with them b/cuz she has been gone for so long and so many of us have stayed loyal and supported her through all of that. we have waited a long time for this and she knows that so i think Shania is trying to give all her fans what they want to hear and that is why she has the different versions. but, there are less of this and it is a lot simpler with this album than it was with COO. like FV said, get the CDs that you can get where you live first and then go from there if you have a problem with what you are hearing...Shania seems to have made sure that no matter what kind of music you like and whatever kind of music you were hearing from her when you became a fan, there will be a mix of this album out there for you that you will like and appreciate. give her a break and let the album be released before you start criticizing so much. the music business is no easy game!!! SHANIA FAN FOREVER AND ALWAYS NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS!!!

luv-kelly aka NiaBrat

AINAHS
11-08-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by portacoino
usa:red+ green
usa:blue [named up! remixes] US world or Asian mix will be a single CD called UP! Remixes????????????????

FV
11-09-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by portacoino
shania wants to get us crazy she's releasing her album in my opinion so bad, i don't know what i'm gonna get

up!:
up! europe:red+ blue
up! usa:green+blue
up! remixes usa:red (only tape)[why?]ìt appears on cdnow and on barnes & noble
what about up! green in europe? we can't get it?
up! japan:red+blue what's the bonus?

single:
"i'm gonna getcha good":
02-c'est la vie [red]

"i'm gonna getcha good maxi single":
02-c'est la vie [blue]
03-in my car [red]
04-in my car [blue]

"i'm gonna getcha good uk cd 1":
02-c'est la vie [red]
03-c'est la vie [blue]

"i'm gonna getcha good uk cd 2":
02-in my car [red]
03-in my car [blue]

"i'm gonna getcha good australia cd 1":
02-c'est la vie [red]
03-c'est la vie [green]

"i'm gonna getcha good australia cd 2":
02-in my car [red]
03-in my car [green]

it's too difficult to get all the songs .it's so expensive
:(

in hmv.co.jp you can find:
up! us edition
up! us edition remixes [red] [tape]
up!europe edition [red + blue]
up! japan edition [red+?]
up! australian edition
You need to add another version Portacoino..:)
I got it yesterday from Australia...:D
Orange cover:
"i'm gonna getcha good":
02-c'est la vie [red]
03-c'est la vie [blue]

Bigfoot
11-11-2002, 04:50 PM
So what !

Just but the cd and enyoy the muzac !

You can always decide to buy more of them.
Must be quite some money to spend.

I will buy the European version on the 19th....
Put it in the cd player and its stays there untill the damm thing is stucked.. Later i wil try to get me the dvd version. And thats all

Okay if youre o a hurry to get it all as a collector's item.

It'l cost ya.... :dancing :band :yippee:

Greez biggdie footie Arf arf :type