PDA

View Full Version : The IGGG single

Roger
11-12-2002, 10:04 PM
Well I bought a copy today and I am underwhelmed. It consisted of just two tracks: the red version of IGGG and the red C'est la Vie. That's it! Nothing more!

Since the entire album comes out in one week and since anyone can legitimately hear these on the web now anyway, it was not a smart buy on my part. I would guess that with easy downloading from file sharing services, singles could go the way of the dodo.

Roger

cbspock
11-12-2002, 10:30 PM
It didn't have the blue version on it like the UK single. I guess we know why it was not released in the states.

-Chris

dax
11-13-2002, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by Roger
Well I bought a copy today and I am underwhelmed. It consisted of just two tracks: the red version of IGGG and the red C'est la Vie. That's it! Nothing more!

Since the entire album comes out in one week and since anyone can legitimately hear these on the web now anyway, it was not a smart buy on my part. I would guess that with easy downloading from file sharing services, singles could go the way of the dodo.

Roger I bought the same one as well,I wasn't going to but it was only $3.99 (cheaper than a big mac meal).Plus I got tired of waiting for a station to play it on my car stereo.

Roger
11-13-2002, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by dax
I bought the same one as well,I wasn't going to but it was only $3.99 (cheaper than a big mac meal).Plus I got tired of waiting for a station to play it on my car stereo.

Then I really did make a bad buy. I paid $5.98!

Roger

Steve F
11-13-2002, 10:22 AM
Roger where did this single originate? I've got one coming which I believe is Autralian, but I'm not sure. Yesterday, I received the UK 6-Track, 2 CD from eil.com. I thought it would be one sleeve with 2 CDs, but instead it is 2 separte sleeves. The first one has the sleeve with the picture that is at the bottom left of our posting area here. Terry loves the picture as you might imagine. LOL! It includes IGGG [Red]; In My Car (I'll Be The Driver) [Red]; and IMC(IBTD) [Blue]. The second sleeve has her in the same outfit, but standing side-two with a cowboy hat. This one has IGGG [Red] {Wished it was blue or green}; C'est La Vie [Red] and C'est La Vie [Blue].

Now the cost was $9.99 plus $4.60 shipping or $14.59. However, that's the UK price. It will be interesting to see what they actually charge my card with. The last time I got something from the UK which I think was the TV Times Calendar, it was considerably more. Same thing with the ST Biography. Unlike when I went to your homeland & Timmins, it works in reverse. So, I'll have to wait and see what the final cost is. Something else that seems interesting is that this CD was shipped on November 6th via air-mail while the other one I asked you about was shipped on the 4th, and as of right now, I don't have it yet.

Finally, I am expecting the full CD anytime now from Sam Goody's and Columbia.

Steve

Roger
11-13-2002, 01:11 PM
The single I have was manufactured and distributed in Canada by Universal Music in Toronto.

Roger

Sheri
11-13-2002, 11:53 PM
What a beautiful little lady that is underneath your name, Roger. :)