PDA

View Full Version : What A Way To Wanna Be

Shaniafan2000
11-14-2002, 01:08 PM
I like this song, both the red and green versions, but I actually think the (red) pop version goes best for this song, definitely has an 80's sound to it! Very fun, very Shania!, reminds me a bit of the songs that were released on various cds without Shania's permission, but only slight resemblence, the quality of songs on Up! are much better. I definitely consider this song to be retro, it's cool!:GL :Bthumb

Cheyenne55
11-14-2002, 01:29 PM
I said it somewhere else ( I get lost a lot these days :) ) but the last 5 songs one this album are really great (Not that the others are not) This song though has that typicial Shania attitude in her song writing . Very well done.
I love the 3rd verse,

"We like to buy, we like to spend
to keep up with the latest trend
but we get no satisfaction
living like a slave to fashion
no more thinking for yourself
just get it off the shelf"
What a way to wanna be

How true is that? ;)

Steve F
11-14-2002, 04:19 PM
So far, this is the my least favorite song on the album. I don't know. it just doesn't work as well as the others.

Steve

cbspock
11-14-2002, 07:22 PM
I like the country version of this song the best, I love the beat of it.

-Chris

FV
11-14-2002, 10:12 PM
I like the lyrics a lot...there is a strong message..I think this is one of the songs Shania was talking about, among the ones she did not share before..I am not thrilled about the music, but I like the pop version better....:)

Jud
11-14-2002, 11:17 PM
Great song, especially the lyrics, but I'm like the music too.
What a trip to laugh on ourselfes, girls!;)

Little Shania
11-16-2002, 01:14 AM
looooooooooooove it:D:D::DD:D

brett
11-16-2002, 03:19 AM
I like this song a lot -- great beat and lyrics! :cool:

kirppu
11-16-2002, 06:08 AM
I like this song. It does not belong to my top 5, but a solid song. Reminds us to be happy of who we are :)

Roger
11-16-2002, 08:29 PM
Well, I love the driving beat in this song. Definitely one I'll be singing along to (unfortunately for everyone around me...LOL)

Roger

kirppu
11-17-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Roger
Definitely one I'll be singing along to (unfortunately for everyone around me...LOL)

Roger LOL, are you like me? If I start to sing, everyone shouts: Shut up! LOL hehe

Roger
11-21-2002, 08:34 AM
The more I listen to this song, the better I like it. You know what? It reminds me of Abba, which in my book is a huge compliment. I don't mean Shania has stolen anything - just that this song has the same strengths and style as an Abba song: driving beat, same bass accompaniment, catchy melody, light-hearted viewpoint. Björn and Benny would approve!

Roger

byrdman
11-21-2002, 11:30 PM
Roger,

You have selected a superb avatar!:D

Al

Sheri
11-22-2002, 12:05 AM
I'll second that. PERFECT avatar, Roger!

cbspock
11-22-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Sheri
I'll second that. PERFECT avatar, Roger!

Okay, I will third that, but now the question we haven't asked....

Where did you find it?????

-Chris

Roger
11-22-2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by cbspock

Okay, I will third that, but now the question we haven't asked....

Where did you find it?????

-Chris

Well, I was just surfing this afternoon. I got it from universalcountry.ca, I think. Here is the larger pic that I cropped. It depicts Shania at the CHUM interview. But now I go back to that site I can't find it....LOL

Roger

Sheri
11-22-2002, 12:22 AM
Speaking of avatars, Chris. I can name that episode. "Mirror, Mirror". :)

cbspock
11-22-2002, 12:33 AM

WOW!! That was quick. :D

-Chris

FV
11-22-2002, 12:33 PM
I was thinking how did Spock grow a beard so fast..LOL! ;)
Great Star Trek knowledge Sheri!:Bthumb

shaniawarrior
11-22-2002, 10:02 PM
I absolutely LOVE this song!!! I was telling my friends in health class about it and they said they can't wait to hear it! I told them the CD is less than $10 and you even get TWO CDs and they're like "WHAT?! Less than $10??? I'm gonna go out and get it!" I love the beat to it and the lyrics crack me up. :D

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree