PDA

View Full Version : His and Lows of IGGG

Steve F
11-15-2002, 01:24 PM
IGGG was at #8 this week on Billboard's Hot 100 Country Charts.

The low for me was that while my son and I were having a cup of coffee and talking about things, I mentioned to him that since he works at Wal-Mart, perhaps he could let me know if and when his store might be getting that special Shania DVD we discussed yesterday. He said no problem. Then he informs me that a few days ago, they were passing out free posters of Tim McGraw and, you guessed it, Shania. He said he would have got me one but couldn't leave his work station at the time because they were very busy.:eek: :?? So, that of course made me sad.:OH

Then my son starts singing "Dancing Queen." I said what is that all about. He says, that song you played yesterday of hers sounds like Dancing Queen. He was referring to "C'est La Vie.":cool: At least he said something. He is not a fan of Shania.:o

Another thing that made me sad, and I taped it, was that YSTO was only #40 on VH1's 100 Greatest Love Songs.:o :mad:

Now one more potential high. When Shania debuts UP next Tuesday, she will be sitting pretty to knock Faith out of #1 in Billboard's Top 10 Albums. I'm going to say right now: FAITH YOU'RE GOING DOWN [CAUSE] Shania say's "I AIN'T GOIN DOWN!":BL :BL

That's it!:D

Steve

Shaniafan2000
11-15-2002, 02:02 PM
I'm going to say right now: FAITH YOU'RE GOING DOWN [CAUSE] Shania say's "I AIN'T GOIN DOWN!"

ROTFLMAO!!!:p :LMAO :Bthumb

Cheyenne55
11-15-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Steve F
IGGG was at #8 this week on Billboard's Hot 100 Country Charts.

Then my son starts singing "Dancing Queen." I said what is that all about. He says, that song you played yesterday of hers sounds like Dancing Queen. He was referring to "C'est La Vie.":cool: At least he said something. He is not a fan of Shania.:o

Now one more potential high. When Shania debuts UP next Tuesday, she will be sitting pretty to knock Faith out of #1 in Billboard's Top 10 Albums. I'm going to say right now: FAITH YOU'RE GOING DOWN [CAUSE] Shania say's "I AIN'T GOIN DOWN!":BL :BL

That's it!:D

Steve

I don't understand the dancing queen thingy though. I played them both side by side, at best it has a slight resemblance for just a few seconds. :)

Steve F
11-16-2002, 02:21 PM
It was just my son's way of being funny. He is a hard rock fan.

I was up to Sam Goody's last night asking about the UP CD. The manager whom I know pretty well, said no I can't let you have it til' Tudsday. I'll call you Monday night. And no she doesn't know if the DVD will be in there. She did tell me this. Shania's UP was noted in her Company mailings as one of the most anticipated CDs of the year.

Steve

BlueJill
11-16-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Steve F
perhaps he could let me know if and when his store might be getting that special Shania DVD we discussed yesterday

I found this in the Wal-Mart ad yesterday on the front of it:

"You know you've missed her! Friday, November 29, Wal-Mart will have an exclusive Shania Twain DVD that features the brand new video of her single I'm Gonna Getcha Good! from her new CD UP!, plus 5 of her most popular videos for the every day low price of $6.44. So be sure to pick one up for yourself, your mom, your sister, your cousin..."

So, apparently, the DVD isn't with the cd, but completely separate and a week and a half later.

Interesting!!

Much Love,
Jill :BL

AINAHS
11-16-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by BlueJill

I found this in the Wal-Mart ad yesterday on the front of it:

"You know you've missed her! Friday, November 29, Wal-Mart will have an exclusive Shania Twain DVD that features the brand new video of her single I'm Gonna Getcha Good! from her new CD UP!, plus 5 of her most popular videos for the every day low price of $6.44. So be sure to pick one up for yourself, your mom, your sister, your cousin..."

So, apparently, the DVD isn't with the cd, but completely separate and a week and a half later.

Interesting!!

Much Love,
Jill :BL this is NOT the DVD we are talkin' about - this DVD is shameless walmart self promotion like the spam letter they sent to me and many other shania fans tellin us about their cd sampler offered free with purchase of any country cd.

What we have been talkin about is a limited run DVD packaged with UP! that is supposed to be available somewhere or other as mentioned in rolling stone recently.

BlueJill
11-16-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by AINAHS
this is NOT the DVD we are talkin' about - this CD is shameless walmart self promotion like the spam letter they sent to me and many other shania fans tellin us about their cd sampler offered free with purchase of any country cd.

Oh, sorry! Didn't know about this...sorry for the confusion.

Much Love,
Jill

AINAHS
11-16-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by BlueJill

Oh, sorry! Didn't know about this...sorry for the confusion.

Much Love,
Jill ..there is nothing to apologize for - it is confusing and walmart is makin' the most of the confusion.