:D

Posted by Shania Tomas (Shaniaforums)

http://www.rne.es/r3/ar-toma1.htm

FV
11-17-2002, 01:35 PM
Thanks Raider!:BL

Sheri
11-17-2002, 02:15 PM
Thanks, Raider! This is GREAT! Mutt was very patient with her while he was trying to bring out her natural voice. There were times even SHE didn't realize there was a difference! :D

cbspock
11-17-2002, 05:16 PM
WOW!!! great stuff!!

Seems Shania wanted a new direction for Up! than with COO. Well, Shania shouldn't worry about people forgetting her, from the reactions so far, she is gonna pick up where she left off. I think we are going to be the ones laughing and crying to this cd. I think the voice Mutt captured on Up! is fantastic. Those must have been some long recording sessions.

I would love to hear some of those Shania recordings she mentioned from the early early days.

IGGG, i can see why she picked it, it is the the jump off point between COO and Up!.

As to the "new" Shania she mentions, well, we will go down that new path with her. More natural vocal style, lyric style, all I can say is.... IS IT THE 19th YET!!!!

I guess the way she talks about Ka-Ching, it is gonna be a single. Interesting the original title was "Money and Things", and it was gonna be a Christmas song, since she felt X-mas is too commercial. She totally believes in this song, and its message.

Humor in her album...In my car....LOL She likes this song too.

Up! her lyrics are her natural and conversational, she writes like she talks.

Another favorite song on the album is Jealous, it is a very desciptive. Shania wants to know our reactions to all these songs. Jealous, is the one she seems to want to know a reaciton to. Well, i think we can let her know what our opinion is when we set a record for first week sales, and then see her in concert :)

She wants to tour, but wants people to become familiar with the songs, it is the big pay off from the fans, to see our reactions see how we all react to it.

-Chris

Roger
11-17-2002, 06:24 PM
Interesting Shania talks about her voice and projecting without singing loud. When I saw Divas Live I thought Shania was trying to sing too loudly (probably because Aretha Franklin and CĂ©line Dion are such foghorns and Shania was just trying to be heard!) and as a result her voice did not sound so good. JMO

Roger