PDA

View Full Version : Not Just A Pretty Face

Debbie
11-21-2002, 10:40 AM
If this has already been posted and I just missed it, I'm sorry.

Has anyone noticed that in NJAPF Shania doesn't include, in the many professions listed, a singer/songwriter? I guess she was trying to get her point across to all the critics out there who just see her as just a pretty face without using herself as an example in the song. I'm not sure Nashville will ever really listen, though. Vince Gill has said much of the same thing - that Shania is not just a pretty face - and they still don't understand. What a way to get her point across in this song and also include all women!:D
Shania you go girl! Your fans surely know that you are a pretty face but that you are also one h*** of a singer/songwriter!! ;)

FV
11-21-2002, 11:04 AM
I liked the lyrics a lot on this song....the types of profession she used to make her point are very varied and interesting showing Shania's unlimited creativity when it comes down to give the listeners a clear picture of what she is talking about...:BL

Cheyenne55
11-21-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by FV
I liked the lyrics a lot on this song....the types of profession she used to make her point are very varied and interesting showing Shania's unlimited creativity when it comes down to give the listeners a clear picture of what she is talking about...:BL

That is what I enjoy about Shania's lyrics. They don't muddy up the water, they just tell the story.

I didn't like this song when I heard it on streaming audio, but Man, In may car and house, this song rocks. It's now a favorite. :D

Little Shania
11-23-2002, 01:19 AM
It just has that "You Go Girl" attitude to it!! :D:D:D Love it!!:D:D:D