PDA

View Full Version : In Her Car [She's The Driver]....

Steve F
11-22-2002, 03:05 PM
This is supposed to be funny, if it isn't, too bad! LOL!

Today my spouse asked me to go to our local hospital with her to visit her aunt. I said: "we can take my van if you like." She said: "No, I want to take my car, I asked you first!" [In My Car I'll Be The Driver] "Okay" I said, "it's your gig."

It is kind of a cold and damp day. Now we are in her car and I turn on the heat because my legs are cold. But, alas, she whips off the heat and says: "what are you trying to do drive me out of here with the heat?" [In My Car I'll Be The Driver] "No, dear, just trying to warm up a little." Now I get cold again and I try sneaking it on. She opens her window and gives me a glare! [In My Car I'll Be The Driver] Now we have finished at the hospital and are going back towards our home. She says: "I am going to get my father and take him to the store. You'll be riding with me and when we get done, I'll drop you off." I say: "But can't you drop me off first? I have things to do." "No, this is how I would like to do it", she says. "Yes dear."[In My Car I'll Be The Driver] So I did eventually get home and all is fine. I just thought I would share my thoughts of what quite often happens. I think it's funny because I believe we all share similar experiences with our wives, husbands, girl/boy friends, significant others, etc., but this song sure hits home when you listen to it. By the way, I tend to control our TV Remote as well as sleep with my socks on!

Steve

Roger
11-22-2002, 05:10 PM
LOL!...LOL!...LOL! So true and funny, Steve!

We settled our temperature differences in the car now that we can set each side of the car to a different temperature. We are spoiled!

Yeah I control the remote too.

I'm not gonna get into our sleeping habits.:o

Roger

Debbie
11-22-2002, 06:16 PM
So very funny Steve and so true. My husband controlls the remote but I won't let him pick the flavor of ice cream because he always picks vanilla no matter how many flavors there are!

And I think like Roger I will leave our sleeping habits and attire to ourselves. You know TMI can be a bad thing.:D

cbspock
11-23-2002, 12:39 AM
Wonder if Shania wrote this on one of her Mutt and Shania road trips.

-Chris

byrdman
11-23-2002, 08:11 AM
Terrific story, Steve!:) I think you have demonstrated how Shania is so clever at writing and singing about the activities of every day living.:)

Al

kirppu
11-23-2002, 12:54 PM
LMAO!! What great stories I´ve read today!