PDA

View Full Version : Britney Spears Buys Her A Copy Of "Up"!

InMyCar2003
11-23-2002, 12:52 PM
source: NME.com

This was from Nov. 19th

As Shania's new album 'UP' hits stores this week, one of her biggest fans was first in line! Britney was spotted yesterday buying an advanced copy of Twain's new cd at a record store in Louisiana. As the press greeted her out the door, she was quoted as saying 'Just picking up her new cd and I hope she does really well.'

I think this is so cool! Britney and Shania have always supported each other...I remember Shania sticking up for Britney a while back cause of all the negetive press she was getting and Britney does something sweet like this! Remember they have collaborated before on a beautiful ballad Mutt and Shania did for Britney called "Dont Let Me Be The Last To Know"

Its so refreshing to see two great superstars supporting each other! GO BRIT AND SHANIA! :) :p

Vivashania
11-23-2002, 08:03 PM
Britney is the current holder of the record for most CD's sold on opening week by a female artist (Oops! I Did It Again, 1.4 million). Shania may have a shot at that this week so Brit's being a good sport to help out. :)

cbspock
11-23-2002, 08:07 PM
Shania has said the "Britney Shania stories" are false. Shania never stuck up for her, atleast publically.

-Chris

InMyCar2003
11-23-2002, 10:47 PM
I think thats false Cbspock. They obviously must respect each other in order to work together. I have heard WAY too many stories about Shania praising Britney. Atleast one has to be true

cbspock
11-23-2002, 10:55 PM
Shania said on TV that they were all FALSE. They never met when she recorded the song Shania wrote for her.

-Chris

Vivashania
11-23-2002, 11:09 PM
Let me jump in here and try to get the middle ground. Some of the recent background here is that an article was printed wherein Shania was quoted as heaping high praise on Britney and the article stated that Shania had been advising and guiding Britney's career from its earliest start. When asked about that Shania said she thought it was funny and was not Britney's tutor. Nonetheless there remains some hints that the two have some decent regard for each other. Britney has cited Shania as a role model and used her music in a movie. Shania has written a song for Britney, placing her in very select company that includes Celine Dion. While the article apparently exaggerated their relationship, there does appear to be mutual professional respect.

Raider
11-23-2002, 11:29 PM
Shania could have said "I've never met Britney" when she was asked twice whether she tutored her or not. But she didn't.
Hmmm.... shrugs

cbspock
11-23-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Vivashania
Let me jump in here and try to get the middle ground. Some of the recent background here is that an article was printed wherein Shania was quoted as heaping high praise on Britney and the article stated that Shania had been advising and guiding Britney's career from its earliest start. When asked about that Shania said she thought it was funny and was not Britney's tutor. Nonetheless there remains some hints that the two have some decent regard for each other. Britney has cited Shania as a role model and used her music in a movie. Shania has written a song for Britney, placing her in very select company that includes Celine Dion. While the article apparently exaggerated their relationship, there does appear to be mutual professional respect.

I can agree to that.

-Chris