PDA

View Full Version : A question about UP! liner notes

CherryBaby
11-25-2002, 12:43 PM
I was wondering if your note from Shania is loose or is part of the liner booklet?
I have 2 versions of UP! where the note is loose and was set in with the CD booklet and another version where it is attached to the liner booklet.

I am just curious because it seems odd that there are 2 different ways of presentation of the note and the CD's are the same North American version with the green and red versions.

FV
11-25-2002, 03:20 PM
It's loose in mine...if it is not, do you have an extra page in the CD booklet?

CherryBaby
11-25-2002, 05:44 PM
Hi,

My note is attached to the booklet and is attached to the photo of Shania when you first open the CD and the note folds into the booklet so the picture is visable.The note looks like it is made to tear away but I have one copy of UP! where it is loose and it is a small little square card on hard paper (NA version),one copy where it is attached and is bigger than the loose one and is the same size as the liner notes and is made from different paper(NA version) and the International one's note is the size of the liner notes and the paper is the shiny paper used in the liner notes.

I wonder why 2 NA versions have different sized notes and presentation?

PS-Is there anyway to change the title of this post.I made a mistake and tried to change it to "A question about UP! liner notes" and I can't do it :confused:
[fixed it for ya - Viva]

cbspock
11-25-2002, 07:02 PM
They could have been printed in many different places since so many were printed for the first shipping.

-Chris

Raider
11-25-2002, 11:39 PM
My note is attached to the booklet. :) Maybe it's a Canadian thing.

Sheri
11-26-2002, 12:26 AM
Loose card here.

Debbie
11-26-2002, 12:39 AM
Two of mine are loose cards and one is attached. The other three I have not opened.:)

FV
11-26-2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Raider
My note is attached to the booklet. :) Maybe it's a Canadian thing.
I think you are right....maybe the Canadian version has it attached...:BL

Roger
11-26-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by FV

I think you are right....maybe the Canadian version has it attached...:BL

I bought only two copies. The one I bought here in Ottawa has a loose card. The other I got from amazon.com but I sent it off to someone unopened as a present so I don't know what is inside.

Roger

Debbie
11-26-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Debbie
Two of mine are loose cards and one is attached. The other three I have not opened.:)

I have gotten mine from all over, Amazon, K-mart, Walmart, Wherehouse, Shania's Fan Club site, and a radio station. I don't know where the ones that were loose or the one that is attached came from. I take that back - I know the one from the radio station had it loose because the jewel case opened differently. In that case the red/green cds opened like pages in a book and on all the others it opened like a tri-fold wallet. So who knows?:confused:

Raider
11-26-2002, 12:08 PM
I went out and bought 4 more copies of UP!(2 from HMV, 2 from Walmart) and all of them were attached. :D

Redhead Bee
11-26-2002, 11:15 PM
hey debbie love your avatar...where is that from?

sonal

Debbie
11-27-2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Redhead Bee
hey debbie love your avatar...where is that from?

sonal

I just changed it, so I'm not sure what one you mean. I think you mean my 'old' one. It is from a picture that Kenny Rogers took around the time of the 2000 CMAs when Shania gave the Chicks their Entertainer Of The Year Award. The picture is in a book of Kenny's country stars photographs. Actually I miss it being my avatar and I might put it back.:( If you are talking about my current one it is from Roger's avatars. I like it, too but my other one was kind of unique. :)

AINAHS
11-27-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Raider
I went out and bought 4 more copies of UP!(2 from HMV, 2 from Walmart) and all of them were attached. :D Wal-Mart still at $9.84?

Redhead Bee
11-27-2002, 02:12 AM
i meant your new avatar..it looks like it's a still from a tv show...would love to see a bigger version of it...

thanks
sonal

Raider
11-27-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by AINAHS
Wal-Mart still at $9.84?

$9.84? Not in Canada..:HA Wal-mart is selling it for $13.?? Canadian. HEY1 Real Cool

Debbie
11-27-2002, 10:41 PM
i meant your new avatar..it looks like it's a still from a tv show...would love to see a bigger version of it...

thanks
sonal

Roger or FV may know where it is from. Sorry that I can't help with this one.:(

Roger
11-27-2002, 10:56 PM

thanks
sonal

Sonal, you may be disappointed. Vince made a lot of vidcaps from the Inside Fame special and sent them to FV. FV in turn asked me to make avatars from them. Debbie's avatar is one of these. The original vidcap from which Debbie's avatar was taken did not have too much more in it than what you see. But if you want me to send the original vidcap to you, email me and I'll email it to you.

Roger

kirppu
11-28-2002, 04:08 PM
My European version has a loose note, the size is the same as the booklet.

My US version has a loose smaller note.
Unfortunately it also has a defect in the cd :(
Song #9 hops and skips cause there are some particles there that should not be there :rolleyes:

European version has a loose poster, US version is stapled to the booklet :eek: :OH :rolleyes:

European version has a clear tray (no 2cd marked), US has a black tray with 2cd-mark.
Both open as trifold.

The sticker marking the version the cd has inside is glued on the jewel case in the European version,
the sticker was at the wrapping in the US version *sigh*

Those are some of the differences I noticed.

AINAHS
11-30-2002, 01:02 PM
Has anyone else got a defective UP! CD?:eek:

byrdman
11-30-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by AINAHS
Has anyone else got a defective UP! CD?:eek:

Yes. I had to return it to Target. In the car, it skipped every time I hit the slightest bump. Then on my CD player, it got stuck on track 14. The replacement one is fine!:) And the music sounds much better!:)

Al

windcatcher
11-30-2002, 04:36 PM
i got mine from hmv and it's loose!!!!