PDA

View Full Version : The fiddles on UP!

Jud
11-29-2002, 11:28 PM
I know, that certanly most of you will like more the red version, but right now, I'm listening only to the green one, for be able really hear the differences between the two.

And I have to say, that I'm always liked the use of fiddles in Shania's music,
and on UP! there are some songs with fabulous fiddle parts, like in IWNY(TG), I'm Jealous, Thank You Baby, Ka-Ching, Waiter! I'm Not In The Mood, C'est La Vie!
Simple amazing!
I'm the only one who likes it so much?

cbspock
11-30-2002, 12:07 AM
I love the GREEN version!!!!! The fiddles are played by Leahy.

-Chris

Debbie
11-30-2002, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Jud
I know, that certanly most of you will like more the red version, but right now, I'm listening only to the green one, for be able really hear the differences between the two.

And I have to say, that I'm always liked the use of fiddles in Shania's music,
and on UP! there are some songs with fabulous fiddle parts, like in IWNY(TG), I'm Jealous, Thank You Baby, Ka-Ching, Waiter! I'm Not In The Mood, C'est La Vie!
Simple amazing!
I'm the only one who likes it so much?

I'm for the green version except for "When You Kiss Me". I think that the guitar in the beginning, in the instrumental and at the end of the song is very romantic, even sexy.;)

byrdman
11-30-2002, 08:16 AM
I know it takes time to really get to know the music and to appreciate the difference between the two discs, but so far I am definitely preferring the green version.:D I think it has more texture and personality!:D
I hadn't realized that the fiddles were played by Leahy. No wonder! Go Leahy! :D

Al

AINAHS
11-30-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by byrdman
I know it takes time to really get to know the music and to appreciate the difference between the two discs, but so far I am definitely preferring the green version.:D I think it has more texture and personality!:D
I hadn't realized that the fiddles were played by Leahy. No wonder! Go Leahy! :D

Al It is in the liner notes - 4 members of Leahy do the fiddle parts.

kirppu
11-30-2002, 04:47 PM
Fiddle away Leahy! :D

I like the country instruments used on the green cd.
There are a few songs I prefer as red, but mostly the green versions are very good, and the country instruments.

AINAHS
11-30-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by kirppu
Fiddle away Leahy! :D

I like the country instruments used on the green cd.
There are a few songs I prefer as red, but mostly the green versions are very good, and the country instruments. What do you prefer on the blue version?

kirppu
12-01-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by AINAHS
What do you prefer on the blue version? Oh, I like the two songs that were on the IGGG singles:
C'est La Vie
In My Car

Also there are quite a few that flow rather nicely. But I really have not listened to the blue version but maybe 5 times or so, after I got green I havenĀ“t listened nothing but that.
In time.. in time.. hehe

Oh, the songs that sound really weird to my ears in the blue version are Up! and IGGG :eek: hehe

FV
12-03-2002, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by AINAHS
What do you prefer on the blue version?
NAH!:BL

Jud, I think if you start from the GREEN disc...it will take you on a very interesting journey..musically speaking....then the RED disc ...then the BLUE one.....and back to the GREEN one...LOL! :D I think Shania had it right all along: use the disc based upon your mood! ;)

Jud
12-03-2002, 01:28 AM
FV, I take your advice!:)
But so far, it seems, I'm one of those not country fans,who will prefere the green version of most of the songs, just like with COO.
But it's an amzing album! Fantastic-Twaintastic!:D

Joni
12-03-2002, 05:55 PM
love the fiddles too! And the banjo pickin':)

Joni

Roger
12-03-2002, 07:24 PM
It seems to be taking me a long time to get to know the differences between the red and green versions. To me, the two version are quite similar. On the whole, I think I prefer the red versions for most songs - they seem to have more oomph! On the other hand, the instrumentation does not seem to impinge on the voice track as much in the green versions as it does in the red. It's gonna take me a while before I can decide which I prefer on a song by song basis.

I have heard a lot of the blue versons and don't like any of them. The beat is too prominent, too unvarying, too tiresome in the end. Also the beat tends to take away from the melody too much - for my taste anyway - but I'll give the blues another try some time.

Roger

cbspock
12-03-2002, 07:30 PM
Yeah, most of the BLUE tracks are awful. Check out:

Nah!
IGGG
Not in the Mood
In My Car

They are the best BLUE versions on the disc.

-Chris

Roger
12-03-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by cbspock

Nah!
IGGG
Not in the Mood
In My Car

-Chris

Of course the blues are not fashioned for North American ears. Fair enough!

Roger

AINAHS
12-03-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by cbspock

Nah!
IGGG
Not in the Mood
In My Car

-Chris I think the blue disc is great! All 19 tracks.:D

Sheri
12-03-2002, 11:35 PM
I've only heard 2 songs on Blue so far, but I think they're both awesome!