PDA

View Full Version : My favourites so far...

CherryBaby
11-30-2002, 04:50 AM
I wanted to wait about a week before I posted a review so I would have time to listen and get to know her that good..LOL!!

My favourite songs so far are
-UP!
-IGGG
-Nah!
-C'est La Vie
-Ka-ching!
-What a way to wanna be!
-In my car (I'll be the driver)

Everything else is really starting to grow on me know.When I first got UP! I liked the red better than the green but now I do like the green but I prefer IGGG in the compared to the red and blue.
The blue has some mixes I will really have to get used to.I didn't care for UP! on the blue version.It sounds too much like carnival music or a game show theme song.I may change my mind if it grows on me.
My first thought when I heard C'est La Vie was that it sounded like Abba's Dancing Queen and I thought I was being silly so I didn't post my thoughts but I have now read or heard about 4 people saying the same thing so I am not alone with that thought.I am not saying Shania intentionally did this or stole anything from Abba.I think they used the same instruments as Abba in UP! and got that sound because more than CLV has that amazing sound.

I am very pleased with this album and it will shut Nashville right up when she blows her previous records for WIM and COO right "UP!" and out the roof.
It shows Shania and Mutt have so much talent and will never have a dead or filler album as long as Shania has the drive to keep her career going.
I can't guarantee they will have the same success if they write songs for other artists and the other artist records it.Shania's talent and personality is what sells.She is always thinking of fresh new ideas to entertain us,keep her spunky and sassy lyrics that we have come to get used to and love Shania for and amazing and entertaining music videos.
I don't think Shania's style would be as well received or accepted if it was another artist doing it.Shania is very comfortable with whom she is and what type of music is her style and she does not care if her album is not #1 or is as popular as the past ones because she makes it clear she enjoys what she does,will not conform and give in to Nashville,she does things her way and when the day comes that she is forced to make any types of music against her will,she will gracefully leave the spotlight and write for other artists.

UP! definately gets 2 thumbs up and we can sit back and watch the album stay at the #1 position and as the singles are released,watch them fly up the charts like they had a fire lit on their behinds...LOL!!
Two words nicely sum up where UP! stands and how Shania has been received by her loyal fans,new fans and the public....SHANIA'S BACK!!!!!!!