PDA

View Full Version : Have You Gotten A Defective UP! CD?

AINAHS
12-01-2002, 11:40 PM
I began a thread on this subject on the shania forums and received a fair amount of feedback that some members have bought UP! CDs that did not work properly - I was curious if members here have had similar experiences?

shaniawarrior
12-03-2002, 10:19 AM
On the CD player, mine works fine. Now if I put it in the computer to play it, sometimes the end of a song is cut off and it just skips to the next song. Other than that, everything's fine.

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

byrdman
12-03-2002, 11:52 AM
I think I posted on another thread that I started by playing the CD in my car. Every time I hit a little bump it skipped. I have had the car 2 1/2 years and played many CDs and only rarely has it ever happened before. I put it on my CD player and it got stuck on track 14. :(

Target was happy to replace it for me. The new one seems fine. :)

The one other CD I remember having to replace was the IV of COO.

Al

Mary R
12-03-2002, 11:53 PM
I had to have my 1st copy of UP replaced, it had a nick in it and it would skip over parts of "I'm Jealous", well, I just couldn't have that! So back to Wal-mart it went, they replaced it! Haven't had a problem with the newest copy of UP!

Mary R

AINAHS
12-07-2002, 01:12 PM
Just heading over to Wal-Mart to exchange UP! - had sent a copy to a friend overseas and track 9 on the green one skips and jams!

Knight1
12-07-2002, 03:32 PM
I posted this on the Forums before:

I bought 2 copies if UP!. The first copy was fine but the second copy, both discs were defective. The were unplayable from tracks 16 through 19. Constant jamming and skipping. The discs had a kind of dark pasty substance on the cover sides and obvious stratches on the track sides. The copy was sealed and wrapped - it was not opened when I bought it. It was a manufacturing defect.
Since I bought it a Wal-Mart, no problem in getting an exchange and both disks are fine.
Later, I bought a third copy of UP! and both those discs are fine.

Sheri
12-07-2002, 04:56 PM
I think those discs just don't know what to do when they're stuffed with so much music. A few of those songs just try to jump off to make more room for the others. Don't you HATE it when they do that?

kirppu
12-08-2002, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Sheri
I think those discs just don't know what to do when they're stuffed with so much music. A few of those songs just try to jump off to make more room for the others. Don't you HATE it when they do that? http://mysmilies.no-ip.com/mysmilies/lauhg_01.gif

When there is no physical damage in sight, the problem is prob the very short gap between the songs.. the cd is just so full, that a slightest glitch in the making of the cd makes it unreadable by some cd players.

peepers
12-19-2002, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by AINAHS
I began a thread on this subject on the shania forums and received a fair amount of feedback that some members have bought UP! CDs that did not work properly - I was curious if members here have had similar experiences? If your ainahs here does that mean your ainahs at the forums too?;) I hope the one I sent raul is okay, I have been wracking my brains about that one. I hope he gets it in the first place to begin with.:confused:

AINAHS
12-24-2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by peepers
If your ainahs here does that mean your ainahs at the forums too?;) I hope the one I sent raul is okay, I have been wracking my brains about that one. I hope he gets it in the first place to begin with.:confused: No I am only AINAHS on these boards - ainahs is ainahs on the forums. Raul is Logan there.