PDA

View Full Version : What a shame!!!World Blue CD is not half good as the others

mvarella
12-17-2002, 08:43 PM
Hello guys, I'm from Brazil and bought the new album. I'm a big fan also but I didn't like really much the idea to buy two CD's with the same musics on it. But Shania has credits with me and I kind of liked it. But, I'm maybe a little bit disappointed because the blue CD is not really good. I downloaded the country version songs and LOVED it. I'm not sure why the rest of the world got this version. It has some rythms that are not into Shania's style. Nort america is much more blessed to have just the red and green CD's. I would love to hear more songs like "It hurts only when I'm breathing" in a country style. I'm not sure if the green CD will ever be available down here in Brazil. Maybe I'm wrong, but the rest of the world would be more than happy with the green and red ones only. Down here people qualified the blue world version CD as ( like you guys in US are used to say )
"something that tasted funny". Does anybody want to trade mine blue with your green. I would be glad to hear your comments. MV:??

cbspock
12-17-2002, 09:01 PM
Rumor has it the Red/Green will be available internationally and the Red/Blue will be available here in the USA some time in January. The Blue disc is a little weird sounding, but the Green version is awesome, as is the red. Is the CD priced in Brazil as a single CD?? Here in the USA the price is the same as a single disc.

BTW, welcome the board

-Chris

mvarella
12-17-2002, 09:13 PM
Down here in Brazil it is priced as a double CD. If I understood you right, that means here in Brazil we are paying double the price it should be....isn't that something ?
Does anyone have a song from green CD that could be sent to me by email other than those two on the site ? I'd love to hear more from the green CD...
Any rumors about Shania considering a world tour and including Brazil on it ? I just hope that she doesn't travel outside north america singing those musics like they are in the blue CD. It is going to be a tremendous turn down!!!!!:rolleyes:

cbspock
12-17-2002, 09:24 PM
I have a feeling on tour, Shania maybe doing a mix of green and red. Maybe for her tour thru india, she will do a mix of all three. No matter what she does, after seeing her twice in concert for COO, you won't be disappointed, Shania puts on a great show.

-Chris

FV
12-18-2002, 11:43 AM
Welcome to the board mvarella!HI!
I think the blue disc sounds funny at the beginning....I had your same impression..but later on the more I listened to it, the more it got me good..lol..:BL I think Shania had it right when she wrote listen to the disc depending on your mood...the Shania sound on the blue disc is definitively new....but it can also be a new wodnerful journey for more Shania fans...:D

Steve F
12-18-2002, 12:02 PM
Welcome mvarella!:) So far I'm with you, that is I don't care all that much for the Blue version songs that I've heard so far. I will most likely buy it though, because when it comes to Shania, I'm just an old softy!:D Or maybe I'm a gluten for punishment!:eek: I don't know, but I am not going to rule out the Blue until I have it in my grubby little hands and can give it a fair "spin".:D At the present time, I prefer the Red version overall, but the Green is super also.

Steve

froush
12-18-2002, 12:06 PM
After getting used to the two blue versions on her website, I have gotten to the point where I really like them. It's different, which because it is also Shania is probably why I have grown to like the two blue versions so well.

Anyone, even if the blue CD IS NOT HALF AS GOOD as the others, that still makes it pretty good.

shaniawarrior
12-18-2002, 11:20 PM
I just got my Blue CD yesterday and WOOOAAHHH was my first reaction!!! It is VERY different, but it's cool! I had to listen to it twice to get used to it, but it is definitely growing on me. But if I had to pick, I'd def pick either the red or green, but this is still pretty good IMO. :D

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

CherryBaby
12-22-2002, 02:01 AM
Well,I remember my first reaction and post regarding the blue CD and I was not fond of it except for a few songs.
I have a CD player that has a tray that will hold 3 CD's and all I listen to is the red,green and the blue.I am hooked on the blue and I guarantee you in time you will also be hooked.
It was a real first for me to say I didn't like something Shania recorded and now I regret saying that because the blue is awesome.
Just keep it in your CD player and keep playing it and you will be hooked in no time and will then appreciate why she put out the 3 different versions because they are SO VERY different.I must still say I prefer IGGG green version.The red is really neat but the green has more spunk to it!

windcatcher
12-22-2002, 09:19 AM
personally, i think that the GREEN version is the BEST!!!! :Bthumb

i've listened to a few of the BLUE tracks. they sound REALLY weird at first, but after a few listens, you begin to really like it. but that's only me.

i heard the 2 tracks on her site, IGGG on hitsdailydouble.com, and i downloaded 'ka-ching!'. i'm getting the international version FOR SURE whenever they decide to release it over here in canada. :D :D :D :D

Bryce
12-22-2002, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by windcatcher
personally, i think that the GREEN version is the BEST!!!! :Bthumb

i've listened to a few of the BLUE tracks. they sound REALLY weird at first, but after a few listens, you begin to really like it. but that's only me.

i heard the 2 tracks on her site, IGGG on hitsdailydouble.com, and i downloaded 'ka-ching!'. i'm getting the international version FOR SURE whenever they decide to release it over here in canada. :D :D :D :D

HMV has it as an import for about $21.00

Bryce

Redhead Bee
12-22-2002, 11:11 AM
well, i'm from india but that's not why i like the blue cd very much :) i thought i would take a while to get used to the indian sounds but i LOVE them! they just make me want to dance around (and i am not a big or good dancer at all :))

especially on Nah! in my opinion that is the best executed song on the Blue CD. v v yummy!

windcatcher
12-22-2002, 11:46 AM
i LOVE the blue version of "nah!"!!!!! :D

FV
12-22-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Redhead Bee
well, i'm from india but that's not why i like the blue cd very much :) i thought i would take a while to get used to the indian sounds but i LOVE them! they just make me want to dance around (and i am not a big or good dancer at all :))

especially on Nah! in my opinion that is the best executed song on the Blue CD. v v yummy!
I agree that NAH! is one of the strongest songs from the Blue CD..:) I would LOVE to have a video of NAH! with the blue version..I can see already Shania shooting this in India...:BL

Jud
12-22-2002, 03:42 PM
NAH! is one of the best songs on the album, if not the best, in any version.

cbspock
12-22-2002, 08:26 PM
Nah and Not in the mood are great on blue.

-Chris

sexydevil
12-24-2002, 09:00 AM
:GL my name is Jill. I have the new shania twain cd. I have the red and green cds. Its good but not all that good either. I like the gonna getcha song. I would also like to hear other peoples opinion about how they feel about the new ups cd too. So if u have the new ups cd please email me at sneekyreddevil@aol.com and tell me your opinion on the cd ok. Jill:D

FV
12-24-2002, 01:01 PM
Welcome to the board Jill! HI! How long have you been a Shania fan for? :)

cbspock
12-24-2002, 05:25 PM
Nice Xmas avatar FV.

-Chris

FV
12-24-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by cbspock
Nice Xmas avatar FV.
-Chris
Petia made it! :BL A very beautiful present for Christmas :) Now since usually I change my avatar once every 2 years...for me it is going to be xmas till 2004 :p

AINAHS
12-24-2002, 05:39 PM
Jill - there are many threads and all on this subject in these forums - why don't you look around? Welcome.

windcatcher
12-24-2002, 06:09 PM
welcome jill!!!! :D

Sheri
12-24-2002, 07:27 PM
Welcome to the family, Jill!!!! :D