PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Song on UP!?


mwdiston
12-26-2002, 11:14 PM
Oh - oh, why be perfect - no - oh, it's not worth it. Don't be so obsessed - C'mon give it a rest. This is not some contest - just do your best - Cause no - oh body's perfect!

This is a fairly simple thread to grasp the concept of, What is your favorite song on the entire UP! CD? It doesn't matter which version of the CD its on just what is your favorite song overall?

At the end of january I will tally it all up and give you the results.

My favorite song is, "What a way to wanna be"

spike
12-26-2002, 11:28 PM
My favorite song off of Up! has to be Ka-Ching!

spike

FV
12-26-2002, 11:43 PM
Waiter, Bring me Water! :BL Any version! lol...

Roger
12-26-2002, 11:55 PM
Neat idea, mwdiston!

Juanita is my number one. My number two is What a Way to Wanna Be, Ka ching, Waiter, Thank You Baby, FAFA. The rest are my number three.

Roger

Sheri
12-26-2002, 11:58 PM
When You Kiss Me
I'm Jealous
Nah
The rest are a very close No. 4. :)

Roger
12-27-2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Roger
Neat idea, mwdiston!

Juanita is my number one. My number two is What a Way to Wanna Be, Ka ching, Waiter, Thank You Baby, FAFA. The rest are my number three.

Roger

Oops!! I forgot Nah! as another no. 2. Ah heck, I love most of 'em.

Roger

AINAHS
12-27-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by mwdiston


This is a fairly simple thread to grasp the concept of, What is your favorite song on the entire UP! CD? It doesn't matter which version of the CD its on just what is your favorite song overall?

At the end of january I will tally it all up and give you the results.

My favorite song is, "What a way to wanna be" Next time you might want to set up an actual poll to save yourself some work - can we do a poll here with 19 options?

mwdiston
12-27-2002, 12:55 PM
thank you ... I actually thought about that after i posted ... I run an Ultimate Bulletin Board myself so I should have clued in ... me so stupid!

:eek:

I guess when I am bored, I can just start counting hehe :)

Steve F
12-27-2002, 01:10 PM
I'm Jealous grabbed me the first time I played it and it won't let go. Th chorous just gives me shivers. I don't know why, but it's my absolute favorite.

After that my favorites are in no particular order:

When You Kiss Me
Nah
In My Car
Ka-Ching
Waiter, BMW
I Ain't Goin Down
It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing
Juanita
UP
IGGG

This doesn't mean that I don't like the rest. In fact I really like this whole album. The more I hear it the more I like it. It's just that these songs that I've mentioned are the ones I keep singing and hearing in my head. Whether UP is deep or shallow, doesn't matter. I love it. So if I'm not deep because I do, then so be it. Does that bother me, Nah!:D

Steve

AINAHS
12-27-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by mwdiston
thank you ... I actually thought about that after i posted ... I run an Ultimate Bulletin Board myself so I should have clued in ... me so stupid!

:eek:

I guess when I am bored, I can just start counting hehe :) Don't be so harsh on yourself!:D

Over at the forums a member is running a Survivor poll for UP!

We are down now to about 8 songs!:D

I abstain as I refuse to say one song is inferior or superior to another - I have not listened to the 3 versions of UP! enough yet to even formulate a tenative opinion on this subject. I am surprised so many fans make such fast judgments on Shania's songs.

shari_green
12-28-2002, 06:06 AM
I'd say that "I'm jealous" is one of my personal favourites on UP!
But "When you kiss me" is just sooo lovely!! I'm actually listening to it while writing this here :)

PS: I wondered for so long if there existed any Shania-Board online and imagine how glad I am to be here at last!!!!!!! :D :D

byrdman
12-28-2002, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by shari_green

PS: I wondered for so long if there existed any Shania-Board online and imagine how glad I am to be here at last!!!!!!! :D :D

Welcome!!:) :)

Al

canadarocks
12-28-2002, 12:07 PM
ALL OF ITHEY1 :drinks :LMAO

mwdiston
12-28-2002, 02:01 PM
This is the only CD where I can honestly say every song is good! Most CDs, only have two or three good singles. This one has two or three good cds

canadarocks
12-28-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by mwdiston
This is the only CD where I can honestly say every song is good! Most CDs, only have two or three good singles. This one has two or three good cds



HEY1 :drinks :drinks :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

note to self: remember this.

Sheri
12-28-2002, 06:59 PM
GOOD one, mw!! :Bthumb

And welcome to our wonderful Shania family, Shari! Make yourself comfortable! :D

FV
12-28-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by shari_green
PS: I wondered for so long if there existed any Shania-Board online and imagine how glad I am to be here at last!!!!!!! :D :D
Welcome to the board Shari! HI! How did you discover Shania's music?:)

AINAHS
12-29-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by mwdiston
This is the only CD where I can honestly say every song is good! Most CDs, only have two or three good singles. This one has two or three good cds That is why we all here think Shania is so special - in my 58 years on this planet I can count on my fingers and toes the artists like Shania who always make great albums that you listen to repeatedly and never tire off and who do not have lots of filler tracks on their records.

shari_green
12-29-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Sheri


And welcome to our wonderful Shania family, Shari! Make yourself comfortable! :D

Thanks a lot! It looks like I have found my spiritual home!! :D YEAH!!

The first time I heard her on the radio, I already knew that she rocked much more than anyone else!! ;)

Redhead Bee
12-29-2002, 11:22 AM
my favourite song is Nah! , second is Forever and For Always and third is Up!

sonal

Joni
12-30-2002, 11:33 AM
Oh Geez, I really have to pick????? I know you all understand how hard this is so I'll do it.


NAH!

........with others right there next to it ;)


Joni

Jud
12-30-2002, 11:55 AM
1, NAH!
2, rest of 16 songs
3, C'est La Vie ; Thank You Baby

kirppu
12-30-2002, 12:00 PM
Nah!

shari_green
12-31-2002, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by kirppu
Nah!

the more I listen to Nah!, the more I love it! The beginning reminds me a bit of "Honey, I`m home!", which I love just as much! :D

kirppu
12-31-2002, 05:49 AM
My original number one was Juanita, but Nah took over the # 1 spot. Time will tell how long it will stay there, lol There are many candidates for a takeover ;) :D

FV
12-31-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by kirppu
My original number one was Juanita, but Nah took over the # 1 spot. Time will tell how long it will stay there, lol There are many candidates for a takeover ;) :D
and we still have to see many more videos from this new CD singles..:BL I am sure my preferences will change..LOL! :D

Randy
01-03-2003, 05:39 AM
so many good songs :)

if i had to pick my absolute favourite it would be I'm Gonna Getcha Good, but K-Ching, and Nah are closely followed behind.

Also really love Up, Juanita, Forever And For Always, C'est La Vie, Thank You Baby, Waiter Bring Me Water, and When You Kiss Me :)

shari_green
01-03-2003, 01:02 PM
How come no one has mentioned "(Wanna get to know you) That good!"?
This one's about to become my favourite song on UP, after "I'm jealous". It's definitely rocks!!! :D Awesome!

CherryBaby
01-11-2003, 02:04 AM
I love every song on UP! but my personal favourites are

-UP!
-I'm Gonna Getcha Good!
-She's Not Just A Pretty Face
-Nah!
-(Wanna Get To Know You) That Good!
-C'est La Vie
-Ka Ching!
-Waiter! Bring Me Water!
-What A Way (To Wanna Be)
-I'm Not In The Mood (To Say No)
-I'm Ain't Going Down
-In My Car (I'll Be The Driver)

It is so hard because I love every song on every album and can honestly say there isn't any songs on any of her albums that I do not like.
I was a bit thrown at first with the blue version but now I am hooked and love almost every version of every song.
I used to love only the green version of IGGG but now I love the red as well but am not as keen on the blue version.

AINAHS
01-11-2003, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by AINAHS
That is why we all here think Shania is so special - in my 58 years on this planet I can count on my fingers and toes the artists like Shania who always make great albums that you listen to repeatedly and never tire off and who do not have lots of filler tracks on their records. :D :D Just wanted to be sure no one missed this!:D :D

Roger
01-11-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by AINAHS
:D :D Just wanted to be sure no one missed this!:D :D

LOL@AINAHS!! In my 58 years I can't think of any other artists.

Roger

Maybabygirl0501
01-12-2003, 09:14 PM
well darn LOL my fav song on the cd is probably What a way to wanna be also. IT ROCKS!! I loveeeeeeee the beat and Im getting the blue verison very soon.

Loonie Echo
01-20-2003, 01:25 AM
My Fave Songs on "Up!' in order:

1. Juanita

2. Waiter! Bring Me Water.

3. Thank You Baby ( for making someday... )

4. Ka Ching!

5. Nah!

sexydevil
02-19-2003, 09:10 AM
:GL name is Jill here.


i have t say te more i lisen to the ups cd the more i like it. I have serveral favorit songs o the ups. If anyone isa shaia freak lik i am ok i would ove to hear from you. I loveto hear from other shana freaks besides me ok. Yall can email me at sneekyreddevil@aol.com ok. Later. Jill

jamiestevens
02-28-2003, 03:27 AM
My absolute #1 from Up is:
(WANNA KNOW YOU) THAT GOOD!

Doesn't anyone else like the song? I think it's beautiful.
And on #2 I think it has to be "I'm Gonna Get Cha Good" together with "I'm Not In The Mood."

-jamie

DOC BILL
02-28-2003, 07:56 AM
I like the song alot Jamie-the lyrics are awesome. I really can't pick a favorite from this album. There are so many songs I love so much so I really have given up trying! My favorite song on the UP! album is the one that I happen to be listening to when you ask-there, how's that? DOC BTW-Welcome Jamie

Jud
02-28-2003, 08:05 AM
Great choice Jamie, it's a great song with fantastic lyrics! Not to mention the fiddles on the green version, ahhh....
And Doc, I'm agree with you, today i tried to pick UP! my 5 favorites from UP!, and failed.
The only song, which I not like much is no. 10, but C'est la vie...;)

BTW, the Blue version of Forever and For Always is really great!

jamiestevens
02-28-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Jud
The only song, which I not like much is no. 10, but C'est la vie...;)

BTW, the Blue version of Forever and For Always is really great!

That's funny because I didn't like "C'est La Vie" too much either at first but now it's growing on me.

And yep, "Wanna know you that good" is awesome. I love it and think the lyrics are great too. I don't know the green version though only the blue and red since I live in Germany and we have the international version here.

I think "always and forver" is one of the few that haven't grown on me too much yet.

cbspock
02-28-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by DOC BILL
I like the song alot Jamie-the lyrics are awesome. I really can't pick a favorite from this album. There are so many songs I love so much so I really have given up trying! My favorite song on the UP! album is the one that I happen to be listening to when you ask-there, how's that? DOC BTW-Welcome Jamie


It's a very tough choice, but my all time favorite song on Up! is Forever and For Always [Red], reminds me of FTMO. It's the closest thing to a Shania Mutt duet, around the 3 minute mark. Way better than any lame Tim and Faith duet.


-Chris

FV
02-28-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by jamiestevens
My absolute #1 from Up is:
(WANNA KNOW YOU) THAT GOOD!
I like it too....I think in my opinion is a more Shania classic type of tune....what do you think of "I Ain't going Down"....:GL


Welcome to the board Jamie! HI!

Jud
02-28-2003, 01:03 PM
I A'int Going Down is also one of my favorites - oke, I must admit I have like 17 on this album. Of course, here can be only one version, the Green. A very inspiring song!

jamiestevens
02-28-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by FV
I like it too....I think in my opinion is a more Shania classic type of tune....what do you think of "I Ain't going Down"....:GL


Welcome to the board Jamie! HI!

I like "I Ain't Going Down" a lot too. The lyrics are, of course, outstanding. And to be honest the song sounds a lot like those old Bette Midler classics, especially when she useds her high falsetto voice. Has anyone else noticed this too?

Thanks for the welcome.

shari_green
03-02-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by jamiestevens
My absolute #1 from Up is:
(WANNA KNOW YOU) THAT GOOD!

Doesn't anyone else like the song? I think it's beautiful.
And on #2 I think it has to be "I'm Gonna Get Cha Good" together with "I'm Not In The Mood."

-jamie

this is my second favourite after "I'm jealous". I'm glad someone mentioned it at last...;)

AINAHS
03-02-2003, 03:37 PM
I do not play favorites.:D