PDA

View Full Version : #1 Is A Fine Piece Of Real Estate

Steve F
01-05-2003, 10:09 AM
#1 for IGGG on the CMT and GAC Top 20 is a given for Shania. She has done that with many of her songs many times over the years. #1 on the VH1 Top 20, now that's news!:eek:

Shania made history yesterday when she had the #1 video, IGGG on VH1's Weekly Top 20 Countdown. Asleem, or whatever his name is, said things like Shania was looking for a fine piece of real estate, #1. He also said this was her first time "ever" at #1 on the countdown. Kind of amazing when you think of songs like MIFLAW, YSTO, FTMO,YGAW, etc., but it is. My congrats to Shania for this achievement. It may not last long as he also said that J Lo is breathing down Shania's neck with Jenny On The Block steadily climbing up to #2 this week. So, will Shania be able to beat back J Lo and the rest? Don't know, but her star is shining for this week anyway. Way to go Shania!!!:)

Steve

cbspock
01-05-2003, 10:38 AM
"Jenny on the block" is such a lame song, and video. Since J lo is half naked in it, I guess Shania has no chance. Pretty sad.

-Chris

FV
01-05-2003, 12:55 PM
Great news Steve! :BL I am sure she will stay close to #1 with her future appearances..:)

sas
01-05-2003, 01:43 PM
They said at the end of the VH1 countdown that it's fan voted, right? No problem there, LET'S GO!

FordW
01-05-2003, 02:19 PM
I have made a couple of posts about this. TDIMM was 2nd several times but couldnt get past Ricky Martin La Vida Loca which stayed at No 1 several weeks. I think MIFLAW got to No 10, does anyone remember? Has ANY other country video been No 1 on VH1? Landslide could do it. I dont think Cry can altho I am pretty sure it will on CMT next week. Someone mentioned Amazed which did amazing on radio charts and CMT. Was it on VH1 at all and if so did it make No 1? Anyway for a song which couldnt make the top 5 on any other chart to have the top video on both CMT and VH1 at the same time is very gratifiying.:BL

Steve F
01-06-2003, 12:38 PM
Personnally, I am not a big Dixie Chicks fan, but to be fair, it would be nice if they got a #1 Video on VH1 from a song they created themselves instead of flying in on the shirttails of a great song from the past by Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks. However, it may do it since it climbed to #4 this week.

Steve

byrdman
01-25-2003, 12:01 PM
IGGG is #7 on the VH1 countdown this week.

#1? The Dixie Chicks with Landslide.

Al

Steve F
01-25-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by byrdman
IGGG is #7 on the VH1 countdown this week.

#1? The Dixie Chicks with Landslide.

Al

Yes, 2 weeks in a row. They have gotten a lot out of this song. Wonder if any other songs from Home are going to be as successful?

Steve