PDA

View Full Version : Okay, The "BLUE" Version is my Favorite!!

Steve F
01-08-2003, 02:08 PM
For the first time I like the Blue version of a song from UP. Which one? C'est La Vie.:) After listening to Up in it's entirety, and "every which way but loose", I decided that the Blue on this one is my favorite. Now I am seriously thinking of picking up the whole Blue version of the CD when the opportunuity presents itself.:)

Also, I would like to say that I have now listened to UP many times, and I am convinced that even though I love all of Shaniia's stuff, this is one hot album!:eek: I don't care if it doesn't sell as well as COO. Whatever will be, will be! I do care that Shania put a tremendous effort into it so that we, the fans, could experience something really special from her to us. Thanks Shania!:)

Steve

spike
01-08-2003, 03:59 PM
I've also found to be liking the Blue album more and more. The songs are very much different. I think that is why I like it more that I used to. I still think that the green album is the best though. :)

spike

Roger
01-08-2003, 05:23 PM
This is funny Steve. I just don't like the blue versions except I think the blue versions of C'est la vie, and In My Car are the best versions of those songs. What is funny is, these are the only two songs on Up! I do not like. So in the end it is a clean sweep: I don't like anything on the blue CD! LOL

Roger

cbspock
01-08-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Roger
This is funny Steve. I just don't like the blue versions except I think the blue versions of C'est la vie, and In My Car are the best versions of those songs. What is funny is, these are the only two songs on Up! I do not like. So in the end it is a clean sweep: I don't like anything on the blue CD! LOL

Roger

I agree, most of the BLUE versions are just weird to the ear. I would add to the list Not in the mood, and Nah! as excellent on Blue, and to some extent Juanita, which I definilty do not like on RED, the horn instruement, just ruins the song. It sounds like a firehouse siren.

-Chris

Sheri
01-08-2003, 10:00 PM
I still enjoy the vocals on the blue version. I can tune out the instruments and really hear HER. I'd still have to say red is my favorite MOST of the time. Green is a very close second.

cbspock
01-08-2003, 10:13 PM
Speaking of vocals. I think Shania with Mutt doing backing vocals sound awesome together. I bet if they did a full blown duet, it would be incredible. The vocals in the red version of FAFA, at about 3 minutes into the song, WOW.

-Chris

Steve F
01-09-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Roger

Roger

This is funny Roger, because I like IMC[IBTD] so much I put that phrase above my signature on my new checks. This song reminds me a lot of Terry and me, i.e., she will usually go along with me on things, but when I get in her car, I can't touch anything!:D I love the Red Version, it rocks. I love the guitar riff, it is remindful of Def Leppard. I played it for Terry last night while we were riding to supper. I also played C'est La Vie for Terry both Red and Blue. I told her how I felt and asked her to give me an opinion on which she liked better. When it was over, she told me she liked the music in the Red better, but she could hear Shania's voice and understand the words better in the Blue version. She has asked me to play the Red verion of the whole CD for her sometime too. She didn't like the Green one much, but then she is not a Country fan either. I like both, but I prefer the Red overall.

Steve

kirppu
01-11-2003, 07:11 PM
The songs I like from the blue album are C'est La Vie (the best version of the three) and In My Car

Those were in the IGGG single and became familiar. Then when I listened to the blue cd, I noticed these two songs are pretty much different from the rest of the blue album.
I like the kind of reggae style there :D

canadarocks
01-12-2003, 11:15 PM
FROM MY FRIEND IN JAPAN, AND IT HAD THE LITTLE CALENDER IN IT.
ITS HARD TO GET USE TO FOR ME. YUKARI, [MY JAPANESE WIFE] LOVES IT. SHE SAYS IT WILL DO WELL IN ASIA. SHE IS USE TO THOSE SOUNDS,EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE MOSTLY, INDIAN,SOME MIDDLE EASTERN.TRADITIONAL,ACTUALLY.
I HOPE PEOPLE RELIEZE HOW DIFFICULT SHANIAS' SONGS ARE TO FIT WITH THOSE RYTHEMS. THEY ARE QUIT DIFFERENT FROM WESTERN RYTHEMS AND STUCTURE.IT JUST SHOWS HOW REALLY TALENTED THEY BOTH ARE. IT COULD HAVE BEEN A DISASTER.
ALSO, IT PROVES THAT SHANIA, IS THE SINGER/SONG WRITER AND MUTT, IS THE PRODUCER.WE ALREADY NEW THAT.:D

kirppu
01-12-2003, 11:39 PM
Very nice!
So this Japanese version had the calendar too?

Yeah, the blue cd is quite different to a westerners ear, but Sonal from India liked it and now your wife. :)
I wonder when we┬┤ll hear more news on how UP! is doing in Asia..

Shania's_Sister
01-13-2003, 03:31 AM
I'll see about getting Blue

Carley