PDA

View Full Version : Award Nominations for UP!

CherryBaby
01-21-2003, 12:19 PM
I was wondering when Shania will be nominated for awards for UP! because I was wondering if she will be nominated for anything at the Juno's and that could be a bit difficult since she is hosting.
That may also be why she was asked to host if she is not nominated for any awards because I know the Juno's will get alot of ratings for people watching because Shania is well in demand!

I personally think UP! will be nominated for awards for next years AMA's,CMA's,CCMA's,Juno's,etc because I heard an album has to be out for some time before it is considered for a nomination.

If anyone has any info or if what I have posted is incorrect,please post because I am very curious about the rules for new albums being nominated.

rtc
01-21-2003, 12:37 PM
Kim, Up! won't be nominated for any awards until this fall. It came out a bit too late to be considered for very much early in the year. So look for her to be in the running for CCMA, CMA, and Billboard awards. :)

Amanda

Jud
01-21-2003, 11:27 PM
According to the press-release about Shania hosting the junos, it was written, that sahe also nominated for something.

canadarocks
01-21-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Jud
According to the press-release about Shania hosting the junos, it was written, that sahe also nominated for something.

I THINK I CAN ANSWER THIS ONE. "up" came out to late for all awards ,except one. This is a sales only award.It is not selected.
It is for best selling cd ,foreign or domestic.
Shania's "up" was the number 1 selling in Canada for 2002.
SO,SHE HAS ALREAY TECNICALYL WON THAT AWARD, EVEN THOUGH THERE WILL BE NOMINATIONS,SHE A LOCK.I HOPE.