View Full Version : she's the real deal, a cowgirl at heart

cbspock
01-27-2003, 12:51 AM
by Albert Rodriguez
Contributing Writer

Shania Twain

Up!

Headlining the Super Bowl Halftime Show - Sunday, Jan. 26

Five-time Grammy winner Shania Twain holds many records, among them the sixth best-selling album of all time (Come On Over, 19 million copies) and the largest female debut of all time in its first week (Up!, 874,000 copies). Aside from being incredibly beautiful, and most obvious - a diva, Twain also comes Up! with the best marketing tool to promote her latest release, two discs to satisfy both country and pop music fans.

The title track kicks things off on a danceable note, featuring sing-a-long lyrics backed by jolly good fiddles and banjos, followed by the radio hit "I'm Gonna Getcha Good," a sassy twist-n-twang number which rates as Twain's best single to date. "Ain't No Particular Way," "(Wanna Get to Know You) That Good," "C'est La Vie," "What a Way to Wanna Be!," and "I'm in the Mood to Say No" are all upbeats tunes to keep you moving, while "Forever and For Always" and "When You Kiss Me" will likely please love song admirers.

Unlike Faith Hill, who chooses to saturate her latest material in power ballads, Twain mixes it up here and proves she's the real deal, a cowgirl at heart and a pop queen by overwhelming, well-deserved success. The "green" disc is intended for country listeners, the ones who've been loyal to her since 1995's The Woman in Me, and the "red" disc is where Twain goes full throttle in pop/rock beats for her newfound fans.

Twain continues to grow from recording to recording, while pushing the envelope to have Nashville embrace country music with more mainstream sounds. This is a terrific disc from a lady, who at the age of 37, appears to be just getting started. Whatever she does, its evident Shania Twain is on her way Up!

canadarocks
01-27-2003, 12:59 AM
thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
am listen to it now,right now "ka-ching" is on.

AINAHS
01-27-2003, 01:46 AM
Old Al sure knows his stuff re Shania!:D :D

AINAHS
01-27-2003, 02:24 AM
Can you give us the link?:D

FV
01-27-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by cbspock
Twain continues to grow from recording to recording, while pushing the envelope to have Nashville embrace country music with more mainstream sounds. This is a terrific disc from a lady, who at the age of 37, appears to be just getting started. Whatever she does, its evident Shania Twain is on her way Up!
Yep..Yep..:BL She is way UP! there...:Bthumb

cbspock
01-27-2003, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by AINAHS
Can you give us the link?:D

I'll have to get it from CK.

-Chris

AINAHS
01-27-2003, 07:54 PM

I'll have to get it from CK.

-Chris OK thanks!:D

AINAHS
01-30-2003, 08:24 PM
Nada?

cbspock
01-30-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by AINAHS
Nada?

Search www.google.com...it was on their news page somewhere.

-Chris

AINAHS
01-30-2003, 08:51 PM
Search www.google.com...it was on their news page somewhere.

-Chris Found it:

http://www.sgn.org/2003/01/24/cd.htm