PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles/Mexico Video #3

AINAHS
02-01-2003, 11:56 PM
The third Shania video was to be released in January also, we heard. What happened? Is it coming out soon???

Raider
02-02-2003, 12:11 AM
So did Shania make a video for "Ka-Ching" or "I'm Not In The Mood..." ? :confused:

cbspock
02-02-2003, 12:12 AM
I guess, no one needs to know right now :D LMAO!!!

-Chris

rtc
02-02-2003, 12:15 AM
Ainahs, an artist doesn't normally release two different videos in the same month. I think they just meant that she made both videos last month.

Amanda

AINAHS
02-02-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by rtc
Ainahs, an artist doesn't normally release two different videos in the same month. I think they just meant that she made both videos last month.

Amanda Actually she made UP! in December I believe and the word was two were coming in January to the airwaves in conjunction with her big appearances in NA.

kirppu
02-02-2003, 05:52 AM
Okay, I just posted this in another thread, but why not here aswell hehe

I have no idea if there really was a videoshoot in both LA and Mexico, or if the LA was moved to Mexico or what.
--
There was a new interview in a paper of Antti Jokinen, but it was right after he had finished the Shania one, cause it was done in the set of filming the new Westlife video he was going to do after Shania. That was in LA.

He says the process of making a video lasts about a month in total.
Antti J. is known to operate a lot of equipment himself.
Also he says that his videos are perhaps more "storylike" then most.
--

I would assume that apart of UK, IGGG was still doing pretty well in the radios, so they moved the new single a little bit back. To Feb. They have now started to play Ka-Ching in some countries.
I can only guess that the video shot in LA/Mexico was Ka-Ching
:confused:

The reports that INITM would have been the new single for us and then only for UK, and the rest of Europe would get Ka-Ching.. Somebody got a few wires crossed I guess.
If they changed what it will be, why not inform all.

Hmm, as a Shania fan, I have kinda gotten used to this confused state of mind so it bothers me only at times, other times I am just laughing at it. hehe

rtc
02-02-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by AINAHS
Actually she made UP! in December I believe and the word was two were coming in January to the airwaves in conjunction with her big appearances in NA.

Ok, well, that blows my theory!

And Kirppu, I'm confused too, my friend! :confused:

Amanda

FV
02-02-2003, 12:49 PM
I think "Ka Ching!" is the only video for the international market....:) what I was wondering is whether this video will be shown in North America at all, or if Shania will have to authorize it first for the North American market as well...:confused: Did anyone ever see IGGG on MTV in North America?:??

Steve F
02-02-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by FV
I think "Ka Ching!" is the only video for the international market....:) what I was wondering is whether this video will be shown in North America at all, or if Shania will have to authorize it first for the North American market as well...:confused: Did anyone ever see IGGG on MTV in North America?:??

Haven't seen IGGG on MTV, but I don't watch it very often, too much "Real World" for me!:D The most I ever watch it was when Shania was on a lot in '99. We have just gotten the station Much Music which is about the same as MTV. Haven't seen it there either. Now about Ka-Ching? Does anyone know, or have an idea of what this video is like or the theme, if in fact it really exists yet?

Steve

AINAHS
02-02-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Steve F
Haven't seen IGGG on MTV, but I don't watch it very often, too much "Real World" for me!:D The most I ever watch it was when Shania was on a lot in '99. We have just gotten the station Much Music which is about the same as MTV. Haven't seen it there either. Now about Ka-Ching? Does anyone know, or have an idea of what this video is like or the theme, if in fact it really exists yet?

Steve Clueless.

Iliana
02-02-2003, 10:20 PM
In MTVLA, they are playing IGGG, they have top 20 and IGGG is #8
:D

Redhead Bee
02-03-2003, 04:14 AM
we're not getting up! on tv so i guess ka ching will be it for us...

Little Shania
02-03-2003, 11:53 AM
CONFUSED!!! :p:p:p

Steve F
02-03-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Iliana
In MTVLA, they are playing IGGG, they have top 20 and IGGG is #8
:D

Glad to hear that! Cool!:)

Steve

Iliana
02-04-2003, 01:12 AM
IGGG is # 2 In Uruguay:Bthumb and in Mexico CD "UP!" is No. 8:D

AINAHS
02-08-2003, 02:44 PM
The third Shania video was to be released in January also, we heard. What happened? Is it coming out soon??? No one seems to know!

...seems like a song title!:D

FV
02-08-2003, 02:49 PM
No one seems to know!

...seems like a song title!:D
I would pay close attention to MTV in Europe during the next two weeks..since the single is going to be released officially in mid February...the video has to come out by the end of the month in Europe...:BL

AINAHS
02-08-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by FV
I would pay close attention to MTV in Europe during the next two weeks..since the single is going to be released officially in mid February...the video has to come out by the end of the month in Europe...:BL ....whaddabouthere?:D

cbspock
02-08-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by FV
I would pay close attention to MTV in Europe during the next two weeks..since the single is going to be released officially in mid February...the video has to come out by the end of the month in Europe...:BL

Love the new avatar.

-Chris

FV
02-08-2003, 11:28 PM
....whaddabouthere?:D
forgetaboutit!:p lol...I think fans in North America will be able to see it online at some Universal site...but I doubt it will be released in North America anytime soon....probably with the next video collection DVD..lol..:BL It's clear that there is a clear marketing plan to have two different singles with two different videos in different markets....shrugs

Roger
02-08-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by FV
forgetaboutit!:p lol...I think fans in North America will be able to see it online at some Universal site...but I doubt it will be released in North America anytime soon....probably with the next video collection DVD..lol..:BL It's clear that there is a clear marketing plan to have two different singles with two different videos in different markets....shrugs

Hmmm. I think Ka-ching is a much better song. We are missing one of the greats of the new CD here in North America. I wonder what it is about Ka-ching the marketers think is not right for us? I find this decision as incomprehensible as giving the UK, N.Z. Australia the blue CD.

Roger

AINAHS
02-09-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by FV
forgetaboutit!:p lol...I think fans in North America will be able to see it online at some Universal site...but I doubt it will be released in North America anytime soon....probably with the next video collection DVD..lol..:BL It's clear that there is a clear marketing plan to have two different singles with two different videos in different markets....shrugs It is as clear as mud to me!:D :D

AINAHS
02-09-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Roger
Hmmm. I think Ka-ching is a much better song. We are missing one of the greats of the new CD here in North America. I wonder what it is about Ka-ching the marketers think is not right for us? I find this decision as incomprehensible as giving the UK, N.Z. Australia the blue CD.

Roger I agree entirely with your comments Roger. I guess we would never make it as Mercury/Universal Marketers!:eek: :D :eek:

cbspock
02-09-2003, 10:31 AM

Roger

How about the bad economy....Radio does not like to make waves, I bet they are afriad of a reaction, so they are testing the waters in Europe, which to me really doesn't make sense, since their economies are worse than ours. How is that for confusing..lol :p

-Chris

AINAHS
02-09-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by cbspock
How about the bad economy....Radio does not like to make waves, I bet they are afriad of a reaction, so they are testing the waters in Europe, which to me really doesn't make sense, since their economies are worse than ours. How is that for confusing..lol :p

-Chris ...it is par for the course!:D

Jud
02-09-2003, 10:46 AM
I'm agree with Roger about the lack of Green version in the UK, Australia and New-Zealand.

Anyway, there is some problems. For example, IGGG did really well in non-english speaking countries in Europe. It wasn't a great success in the States, Australia, UK, but did fairly good in Canada and New-Zealand. Now go and build UP! a strategy.

Roger
02-09-2003, 10:58 AM
-Chris

Chris, if Shania has had great success in the past, it is not by playing it safe. AMOM, WIM, Outta here were all ground-breaking. She took a chance and put them out there in the marketplace. Now with Up! (the single) suddenly Shania (or her marketing team) is playing it safe. Up! (the single) is a safe song - much energy, etc. - but not a great one. Well, Shania will not stay on top of the heap with this type of song. What is the worst that can happen if an innovative song like Ka-ching, or Waiter, flops? Nothing really - there are so many other great songs on Up! (the album) she just brings one of them out a little sooner. In any case, an innovative song like Ka-ching or Waiter will do no worse than Up! (the single) at the very least. And there is a good chance it will produce the monster hit she needs.

Roger

cbspock
02-09-2003, 11:24 AM
In my opinion, Ka-Ching is not the best song on the album, like I said in another thread...who will play it?

AMOM, etc all were country at their core, Ka-Ching...is not country, it is not pop, it is more of a broadway type song.

-Chris

AINAHS
02-09-2003, 11:47 AM
.....a lot of the success may depend on how good the video for the tune is.

Roger
02-09-2003, 11:51 AM
In my opinion, Ka-Ching is not the best song on the album, like I said in another thread...who will play it?

AMOM, etc all were country at their core, Ka-Ching...is not country, it is not pop, it is more of a broadway type song.

-Chris

Yes, I had thought this is the kind of song that belongs in a musical. You never know though, it could catch on. The problem is perhaps it is most likely to be a big favourite of older people and older people don't buy CDs much.

Waiter has a distinctly oriental sound to my ear. Again possibly a broadway or musical type of song. The tune could have come out of the Mikkado (sp?)

Maybe What a Way to Wanna Be is a safer bet. I find it quite Abba-like. Definitely a pop song and a great one IMO.

Roger

Roger
02-09-2003, 12:47 PM

-Chris

As I said in another thread, AC, pop and country radio stations in Canada would play it.

Roger

AINAHS
02-09-2003, 12:57 PM
....well I am sure glad we got this all settled!:D :D

Bryce
02-09-2003, 01:06 PM
I think we should just listen to the music and enjoy it, and let Shania worry about and run her carreer. Just my two cents.

Bryce

Roger
02-09-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Bryce
I think we should just listen to the music and enjoy it, and let Shania worry about and run her carreer. Just my two cents.

Bryce

It is not just about how Shania runs her career, Bryce. The songs Shania chooses as singles affects what is played on our radios and what we see on our TVs. Yes, we all have Up! (the album) and can play whichever song we want any time but unlike a lot of people who have written in, I myself do listen to the radio and I do watch CMT and MMM once in a while. It is nice to hear and see Shania's better songs on the radio and TV.

In any case, it's okay to talk about Shania's career because we care and we want her to have as much success as possible.

Roger

cbspock
02-09-2003, 01:32 PM
Yes, I had thought this is the kind of song that belongs in a musical. You never know though, it could catch on. The problem is perhaps it is most likely to be a big favourite of older people and older people don't buy CDs much.

Waiter has a distinctly oriental sound to my ear. Again possibly a broadway or musical type of song. The tune could have come out of the Mikkado (sp?)

Maybe What a Way to Wanna Be is a safer bet. I find it quite Abba-like. Definitely a pop song and a great one IMO.

Roger

I think Waiter would be a better choice for a single. I think if she goes with Ka-Ching..the video will sell the song and create the buzz. I am looking forward to a video for Waiter. I think with Shania's sense of humor, it should be interesting.

-Chris

cbspock
02-09-2003, 01:33 PM
As I said in another thread, AC, pop and country radio stations in Canada would play it.

Roger

With the more corporate radio owned stations here, I don't know how it would go over. Also, country radio seems to be against their female artists.

I think "Ain't going down" released to country radio would go along way.

-Chris

AINAHS
02-09-2003, 01:48 PM
....to be a big favourite of older people and older people don't buy CDs much.

Roger Sez you!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

I buy more CDs than lots of kids and lots of my peers do also!:D

cbspock
02-09-2003, 01:54 PM
Sez you!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

I buy more CDs than lots of kids and lots of my peers do also!:D

The kids are too busy stealing them online...lol :p

-Chris