PDA

View Full Version : Dad. I Know You ARe Getting Up There In Years, But....

Steve F
02-02-2003, 01:35 PM
I would hope you can remember how many songs Shania has out at the present time!:D

My Dad who is 79 has been keeping me up to date on Shania's progress for her UP CD as far as the Syndicated Top 40 Country Countdown each week. He has really been helpful. He has on tape every week of Shania's rise and fall of IGGG, including interviews for show host Bob Kingsley. In fact when he played it one week Bob said: "Shania are you ready?" And Shania said: "Let's Go!" LOL!:D

Okay, so today he calls and says Shania has moved up from #22 to #17 with that song she has out. "What's the name Steve?" "It's UP Dad." He says: it can't be. She's already had that out, hasn't she?" "No Dad, I think you are confusing it with IGGG." He yells to my mother: "Ginny, what's the name of that Shania song she's got out right now?" Mom says: I don't know Gordon, they talked to her about 5 minutes and then they played it. It's still playing." I say: "Dad, the song is UP!" "How do you know that, you're not here?" "I can here it playing." He says: "oh, you have it on?" I reply: "no, I can hear it in the background." Dad says: "you can? You must have good hearing." I sing: "when everything's goin' wrong, don't worry it won't last for long." "Yep, that's what she's singin' alright. So what's the name of this song again UP?" "That's it Dad" I laugh. He says: "Ginny, what was he talking to Shania about before the song?" Mom says: "About her childhood, her life I guess, I don't really remember it all." "Okay", Dad says. Then he finishes by saying: "well, I'm glad she's doing so well. She's certainly doing a lot better than Vince is." "Yeah she is. I'll talk to you later."

My dad is a huge Vince Gill fan. However, somehow he has become a bigger fan of Shania along the way. It was evident on Christmas Eve when he brought all these tapings he had made of Shania and got my granddaughter Hope who is seven to sing along with and act out IGGG. Hope is very outgoig and told Grampy [ME] that she loves Shania's music much to the shock of her mother. Oh well, thank God for small favors. As Hope kept singing IGGG totally stressing out the Family. I thought to myself, "what a great Christmas gift!":)

So, that's my story. It was so funny when it happened. I just wanted to share it with you. It may not be exactly word for word, but it's pretty close.:) I hope everyone had a great Christmas. Mine was made a little more special this year.:)

Steve

Roger
02-02-2003, 02:07 PM
Great story Steve. If there is a secret to winning your family over to Shania, maybe you could let me in on it. Hope sounds like quite a girl!

Roger

FV
02-02-2003, 05:24 PM
Great story STEVE! You dad RULES!:BL

Steve F
02-03-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by FV
Great story STEVE! You dad RULES!:BL

My mom lets him think so FV!:eek: :D :D :D :D

Steve