PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Hear?

Joni
02-26-2003, 06:57 PM
This CD has many different sounds to enhance songs. What do you hear? I love the "Pinball Sound" in Nah! Anyone know what I'm talking about? It sounds like when you put your money in and the ball is shot out to the side and there's that knockin' sound of things gettin' ready for play....I know someone else has to hear it !

Joni

kirppu
02-26-2003, 07:23 PM
I hear a cow mooing. Seriously. On a coupla songs. I think it is the guitar :rolleyes: :p

FV
02-26-2003, 07:34 PM
I hear Mutt's voice a lot on the CD..lol..:BL much better than in the past..:cool: I want to buy the new AC/DC CD....curious in finding out whether Mutt also did back up vocals there....I have noticed that he has not done many of the UP! remixes so far...maybe he was working on something else...:GL

Joni
02-26-2003, 07:49 PM
Cow Mooing? LOL! What song? Are you taliking about Juanita where it sound slike something is being squeezed, LOL!

Mutt can sound so many different ways, he's very good:)

Joni

cbspock
02-26-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Joni
Cow Mooing? LOL! What song? Are you taliking about Juanita where it sound slike something is being squeezed, LOL!

Mutt can sound so many different ways, he's very good:)

Joni

Maybe the beginning of Juanita sounds like a cow, but it sounds like the fire house horn near where my Grandma lived.

-Chris

jen
02-26-2003, 10:51 PM
Well if you listen carefully in to the song "UP" you can her a beep, like a watch beeping. It is during the "Yeah,yeah,yeah's".
Maybe it is just my ears or maybe it was time to feed Eja:p

cbspock
02-26-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by jen
Well if you listen carefully in to the song "UP" you can her a beep, like a watch beeping. It is during the "Yeah,yeah,yeah's".
Maybe it is just my ears or maybe it was time to feed Eja:p

Which version? Red, Green or Blue

-Chris

FV
02-27-2003, 12:15 AM
So far this sounds like another of our threads that will eventually hand UP! on countrystars.com.....as a source of news...hehe

"Innovative Shania"
What else can Shania Twain and her hubby producer come UP! with? Well...of course..cow mooing and watch alarms as possible sounds to make a hit....!"

LOL! ;)

kirppu
02-27-2003, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by Joni
Joni LOL, I know, I know, but that is what I hear hehe Yup on Juanita.

Oh dear. I started to notice it when I was listening with my Walkman, the background sounds come so much stronger. Now I can´t shake the cow Yep1 OO-

Also Mutt´s backup vocals come out strong with Walkman. :)
I noticed many many things I had not heard before.

kirppu
02-27-2003, 04:57 AM
Oh I just remembered, I have mentioned it before too a while back, but there is a part in IGGG that always makes me check if I got a new e-mail (Windows default new mail sound) hehe

jen
02-27-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by cbspock
Which version? Red, Green or Blue

-Chris I was thinking the same thing, maybe this is only on the red, but I cecked the green and the radio version. It is there in all of them. I even asked one of the dj's if he heard it and he said it is my ears:rolleyes:

Roger
02-27-2003, 09:30 AM
Maybe the beginning of Juanita sounds like a cow, but it sounds like the fire house horn near where my Grandma lived.

-Chris

Believe it or not, Chris, until you complained about this a while ago I never even noticed it. Of course, once you pointed it out, I notice it every time. When I listen for it, it sounds incongruous, yet if I listen to the sound of the song as a whole, it fits. Go figure!

Roger

Joni
02-27-2003, 10:46 AM
hmmm....am I they only one that hears the pinball machine knock?
Someone validate me please:p

Joni

cbspock
02-27-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Roger
Believe it or not, Chris, until you complained about this a while ago I never even noticed it. Of course, once you pointed it out, I notice it every time. When I listen for it, it sounds incongruous, yet if I listen to the sound of the song as a whole, it fits. Go figure!

Roger

LMAO!!!

That is the one thing I hate in the song, that is why the blue one is nicer. If Mutt removed that sound, the song would sound better.

-Chris

Steve F
02-28-2003, 07:04 PM
What are you guys "smoking"!:D :D :D Okay, I guess it's time for me to charge up my cordless headphones and go for it.:eek: It's true you can hear so much more and pick up so much more that way and now I need to find out what you are talking about for myself. I am sure you folks didn't make this up, so I need to hear it for on my own.:) I'll let you know as soon as I get a chance if I hear any of these things too.

Steve

Joni
02-28-2003, 07:30 PM
Well here's one that my daughter mentioned....I had to laugh because I haven't even discussed these "sounds" from UP! with her......she said the beginning of "I'm Jealous" sounds like a Humpback Whale....the kids got a point;)

Joni

kirppu
03-01-2003, 12:23 PM
LMAO!!!!!!!

Steve, untill I started listening with Walkman, I had not noticed these "sounds" hehe before, so report if you happen to catch any. But there might be a drawback too, after you catch a certain voice, you can´t shake it lol

AINAHS
03-01-2003, 10:31 PM

-Chris According to Billboard article in latest issue the mixing was done at Mutt's home studio so this is somewhat conceivable.