Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 10-19-2005, 03:12 PM
Deep in 'Shania'ville

Send a message via AIM to cmdrkranil
Askmen.com 2006 poll

It's time to vote for the 2006 Most Desirable Woman at AskMen.com:

http://www.askmen.com/specials/2006_top_99/vote1.html

Shania was #24 for 2005, and #8 for 2004. Let's move her up to the top this year. It seems you can vote over and over again. (You may have to be registered to vote, but it doesn't seem so.) Her ballot is about two-thirds of the way down on page 1/4 (which is the opening page of ballots) in the center column. Remember, a 10 is the highest vote!!
Ron
Old 10-19-2005, 03:41 PM
Who's On First?

...mebbe one of these years these turkeys will correct their spelling of her given name from Eileen to Eilleen...
Old 10-19-2005, 04:26 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

?

Steve

Last edited by Steve F : 10-19-2005 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:30 PM

Let's do it!!
Old 10-19-2005, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Voted!
Old 10-19-2005, 10:50 PM
*~I Love You Shania!~*

Gone 'n done it!

Shania's Still The One, Forever And For Always!

I You, Shania!

53 DAYS UNTIL THE FIFTH ANNUAL WORLDWIDE SHANIA TWAIN FAN CONVENTION!!! GET READY TO PARTY HARDY!!!
Old 10-19-2005, 10:56 PM
Board Administrator

Voted!

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 10-20-2005, 12:36 AM

Voted also and Shania is at 24th now...

Benjamin
Old 10-20-2005, 12:48 AM

So once you go through all the pages, does that mean my vote went through? Did u read the stuff they say about her.....good comments

why we like her?
We're not big fans of country music, but we have to admit, her pop sound has us listening to her 24/7, while one look at her makes us yell, "Man! I feel like a man!"

why is she famous?
With her record-breaking album Come On Over, midriff-baring Shania has become known as one of the most successful crossover artists ever.

overall rating 91
To put in bluntly, she's the only reason we watch Country Music Television. Shania Twain is among the most beautiful singers (and entertainers) in the world. She is also one of the nicest people you could ever meet... or so we hear.

Shania has converted millions of fans into country music lovers, by combining the contemporary Nashville sound with the assertive "grrl power" attitude of female rock and pop singers. Worldwide sales of her first three albums exceed the 50 million mark, an indication of her immense crossover appeal; we wonder how many of those were bought because of her sexy image on the cover of Come On Over. Nonetheless, she is still a recording megastar.

personality & talent 91
Shania Twain raised her younger brothers, faced adversity, gained unbelievable success, yet she remains incredibly friendly and unpretentious. She's an all-around accomplished woman who comes across as sweet and tender on the one hand, and strong and somewhat feisty on the other. Song titles like "Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love You)" and "That Don't Impress Me Much" assert her attitude regarding the male/female relationship thing, while revealing her humorous side.

She has been performing for audiences since she was a kid, so those early years of experience have certainly paid off. She's a good singer and she writes or at least co-writes her own songs. And oh yeah, her dance moves ain't bad for a country girl.

sexiness 92
She might sing about corny stuff, but her sex appeal is off the charts. Just think of the times you've watched one of her videos, despite whether or not the sound was on. You know the exact reason you were tuned into her, and that's what we're talking about here. Man! Is she ever some woman!

accomplishments & fame 94
Shania Twain set a few records as far as female singers go. Her second album, The Woman In Me, sold 18 million copies. Her follow-up, 1997's Come On Over, went to No. 2 on the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart, and sold a staggering 34 million albums worldwide, making it both the best-selling female solo and country album of all-time.

Her worldwide popularity has been acknowledged by her native country as well, where she picked up the first ever International Achievement Award at the 1997 Junos (the Canadian Grammys). And her hometown of Timmins, Ontario, honored her with the key to the city, and a section of the highway has even been renamed "Shania Twain Way." Not bad for a girl from small-town Canada.

natural beauty 96
Shania Twain has the face of an angel; she was even selected by Revlon to promote its cosmetics. But let's not forget other elements of her down-home beauty. Shape magazine named her the "Top Body in Hollywood" in 1996, and she's not even an actress. We won't argue with that decision; it just goes to show how her crossover appeal extends beyond her music.

personal style 84
She might be singing music that's broadly defined as "country," but her personal style, like her musical style, is kind of urban cowgirl chic. In the late '90s, she gave new meaning to the bare midriff look, redefining the attire of country stars.

Shania has improved her wardrobe in the last couple of years to become a refined and elegant superstar. She's the kind of woman who can step out in a turtleneck and baseball cap or dress like a rock star (like at recent award shows), and still look amazing.

Secret Wish List
That Shania begs us to come on over -- we'll make sure she feels like a woman.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:31 PM

Yes, very nice comments I thought.

Steve
Old 10-22-2005, 11:14 AM

Keep it going!!!
Old 10-26-2005, 06:03 PM

Keep Voting!!
Old 10-27-2005, 11:21 AM

Just again. Shania is still #24. I will admit that many of the ladies ahead of her are awesomely beautiful, but still, she could be higher.

Steve
Old 10-27-2005, 04:29 PM

I don't think that the #24 position is her current position? VOTED AGAIN!
Old 10-27-2005, 04:34 PM

I don't know Jen, she still seems to be #24. Apparently she was #8 perviously.

Steve