Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 10-24-2004, 07:15 PM

You're Welcome Cheryl and Cate!

Benjamin
Old 10-27-2004, 07:54 AM

Looks Great

Can't wait to see this special.Jude Law is pretty cool.

Last edited by aFriend : 10-27-2004 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-31-2004, 12:23 PM

on today's cmt insider they gave a preview to the interview. In this clip they showed Katie asking Shania about her weight being maintained through healthy eating habits.

Shania said she has been a complete vegatarian for 11 years now and it really wasn't that big a changed for her. She has always been a healthy eater. She never overindulged in foods high in fats.

She finds that she has more energy since becoming a full vegatarian.

Last edited by shabas : 10-31-2004 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:58 PM

Shania Twain Gets Candid With CMT Insider (First of Two Parts)
In Addition to New Greatest Hits CD, Superstar Socks It to 'Em in New Video

By: CMT News
Watch a brand new, exclusive interview with one of music's true superstars when Shania Twain: CMT Insider Special Edition debuts Friday (Nov. 5) at 10 p.m. ET/PT.

In 1995, a feisty Canadian singer named Shania Twain made a name for herself with the up-tempo anthem "Any Man of Mine," and country music has never been the same. CMT Insider host Katie Cook recently traveled to Switzerland to interview Twain as she made plans to release her first Greatest Hits album that arrives in stores Tuesday (Nov. 9).

In the first excerpt from the interview, Twain talks about her work with husband and producer Robert John "Mutt" Lange and reveals why she needs to buy her own Greatest Hits CD. The second excerpt runs Friday (Nov. 5) at CMT.com.

CMT: I want to hit some of the big milestone hits from your new Greatest Hits. Was "Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under" the first time you co-wrote with Mutt?

Twain :Ah, well, that whole CD The Woman in Me was... Wait. Now which one was that on now? You got me. "Boots" was on The Woman In Me. Yeah, the "Boots" was on The Woman in Me. That's very funny. I need a lesson. I need to get my Greatest Hits album.

Shania 101.

They're hard to keep track of. That's quite funny. ... But, anyway, that album was the first time we had co-written together. We met and wrote that album basically right away. "Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under" was a song that I had already started before I had met him. ... My grandmother used to have this saying about cookie crumbs in bed or something like that. Some silly saying that goes back to who knows when. But somehow I made "Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under" basically about cheating, and I thought it would make a cute little title. We ended up writing the song once we met. Mutt liked all those cheeky little song ideas, and so we kind of carried on from there. It ended up being one of the biggest songs I've ever had.

It's one of the catchiest things you've ever written.

On stage, live, it's a fun song for everybody. Even the younger kids, they could be 6 years old, and they know every word to "Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under." They weren't even around when the song came out. I find that really cute. It just goes to show the staying power of a song.

I want to talk about "Any Man of Mine." What was that feeling like, knowing that this was going to work? People were digging your music. There's no going back now.

"Any Man of Mine" was a risky song to release. At the time, a lot of people were afraid of it. It was way too edgy for what was going on. Everybody was kind of leery about releasing it. And I remember when I went on the radio tour to introduce all this new music, it was so amazing getting a reaction to that song. Some people just loved it. They just fell in love with it right away. And other people it really did scare. I don't know whether they just didn't like it or whether they thought, "Whoa!"

You're breaking the rules.

This is out there. This is way too far out there. Because [it] was so ... so evident that Mutt Lange had produced that song. It really threw a lot of people off but ... I call that my career song. That's the song I think that really, really broke me in a big way, because it was so different. It really became signature of what Mutt and I have continued to do. It's really a good example of what we are as a combination writing team.

And you do that little bit of rapping in there. Was that an afterthought in the studio, or did you write that into the song?

No, we wrote that into the song. I don't remember if we actually wrote it in the studio, but the idea was to have it there. ... I wanted to do something just kind of rhythmic and ... we might have written it on the spot. I don't know. We do that a lot.

"You're Still the One" was a huge pop crossover, of course. I felt like you were speaking to us through that lyric. Like, "See, we made it."

It was a very personal song. Coming after The Woman in Me, this was on the Come On Over album, and I was feeling at the time that we made it, and we meant to get through a very difficult time in anybody's career -- which is being new in the industry and actually sticking around without having a tour. That was a big controversy, too, because nobody could understand. "Why isn't she promoting her music? Can she not go and do this live?" All of this stuff. So by the time we were in the studio and preparing for Come On Over, I really felt like I needed to say that. You know, we're still here. ... We're not just like sort of a cake-mix couple. We're the real thing.

I bet when you first went out on that tour and it did so well, that must have been such a great feeling.

It did feel good. It did feel really, really good. The main reason for not touring on The Woman in Me was because I had been touring and singing a lot my whole life, and I wanted a break. I'm like, "I'm actually making records now. I want to enjoy this part of it." And the road, there was nothing novel about that to me. I had been doing it since I was a very young child, and I really wanted to indulge in being a recording artist for a while and not a road dog. I wanted to get away from that for a little bit.

I thought, "If this momentum continues without a tour, why tour? Why not let the album succeed on its own merit without the promotion of a tour?" And knowing that by the time I would tour, that I would have enough songs to get through a whole night without having to do cover material -- which is another thing I wanted to get away from. For me, it was very, very important personally as an artist not to tour too early. By the time I was able to come out with the Come on Over tour, I was doing all my own material. That was my dream.

"Party for Two" is so fun, and you've done a couple of versions here, the pop one with Mark McGrath and then the country one with Billy Currington. How did you pick Billy?

Luke Lewis [the head of her label] is always letting us hear his new artists, and he said, "You've got to hear Billy Currington." And he had such a beautiful rich voice, and we really wanted a voice that was ... a very honest and traditional sounding voice for the record. He's got the sort of Southern sexiness to the sound of his voice. It's a relationship between two people flirting with each other. He just really suited it. He's got a very sexy voice, very low and rich.

Oh yeah. There's that line in there, something about gosh, looking good in your socks or something?

"You'll be sexy in your socks."

Are you implying he's only wearing his socks?

Of course. Of course I am. That doesn't happen in the video. Don't worry

http://www.cmt.com/news/articles/14...?headlines=true
Old 11-03-2004, 07:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by shabas
Luke Lewis [the head of her label] is always letting us hear his new artists

I was reading the credits for the Greatest Hits, and Shania really has a great respect for Luke, especially for how he helped her at the very beginning with the record deal...it did suprise me I must confess....I'll post the exact quote from the Greatest Hits jacket later tonight...
Old 11-03-2004, 11:49 PM

WOW COOL! It seems like its gonna be another great interview and show.........once again wishing I had CMT!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2004, 05:38 AM

Shania CMT Interview, Part 1

Shania Twain Gets Candid With CMT Insider (First of Two Parts)
In Addition to New Greatest Hits CD, Superstar Socks It to 'Em in New Video

By: CMT News

Watch a brand new, exclusive interview with one of music's true superstars when Shania Twain: CMT Insider Special Edition debuts Friday (Nov. 5) at 10 p.m. ET/PT.

In 1995, a feisty Canadian singer named Shania Twain made a name for herself with the up-tempo anthem "Any Man of Mine," and country music has never been the same. CMT Insider host Katie Cook recently traveled to Switzerland to interview Twain as she made plans to release her first Greatest Hits album that arrives in stores Tuesday (Nov. 9).

In the first excerpt from the interview, Twain talks about her work with husband and producer Robert John "Mutt" Lange and reveals why she needs to buy her own Greatest Hits CD. The second excerpt runs Friday (Nov. 5) at CMT.com.

CMT: I want to hit some of the big milestone hits from your new Greatest Hits. Was "Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under" the first time you co-wrote with Mutt?

Twain: Ah, well, that whole CD The Woman in Me was... Wait. Now which one was that on now? You got me. "Boots" was on The Woman In Me. Yeah, the "Boots" was on The Woman in Me. That's very funny. I need a lesson. I need to get my Greatest Hits album.

Shania 101.

They're hard to keep track of. That's quite funny. ... But, anyway, that album was the first time we had co-written together. We met and wrote that album basically right away. "Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under" was a song that I had already started before I had met him. ... My grandmother used to have this saying about cookie crumbs in bed or something like that. Some silly saying that goes back to who knows when. But somehow I made "Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under" basically about cheating, and I thought it would make a cute little title. We ended up writing the song once we met. Mutt liked all those cheeky little song ideas, and so we kind of carried on from there. It ended up being one of the biggest songs I've ever had.

It's one of the catchiest things you've ever written.

On stage, live, it's a fun song for everybody. Even the younger kids, they could be 6 years old, and they know every word to "Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under." They weren't even around when the song came out. I find that really cute. It just goes to show the staying power of a song.

I want to talk about "Any Man of Mine." What was that feeling like, knowing that this was going to work? People were digging your music. There's no going back now.

"Any Man of Mine" was a risky song to release. At the time, a lot of people were afraid of it. It was way too edgy for what was going on. Everybody was kind of leery about releasing it. And I remember when I went on the radio tour to introduce all this new music, it was so amazing getting a reaction to that song. Some people just loved it. They just fell in love with it right away. And other people it really did scare. I don't know whether they just didn't like it or whether they thought, "Whoa!"

You're breaking the rules.

This is out there. This is way too far out there. Because [it] was so ... so evident that Mutt Lange had produced that song. It really threw a lot of people off but ... I call that my career song. That's the song I think that really, really broke me in a big way, because it was so different. It really became signature of what Mutt and I have continued to do. It's really a good example of what we are as a combination writing team.

And you do that little bit of rapping in there. Was that an afterthought in the studio, or did you write that into the song?

No, we wrote that into the song. I don't remember if we actually wrote it in the studio, but the idea was to have it there. ... I wanted to do something just kind of rhythmic and ... we might have written it on the spot. I don't know. We do that a lot.

"You're Still the One" was a huge pop crossover, of course. I felt like you were speaking to us through that lyric. Like, "See, we made it."

It was a very personal song. Coming after The Woman in Me, this was on the Come On Over album, and I was feeling at the time that we made it, and we meant to get through a very difficult time in anybody's career -- which is being new in the industry and actually sticking around without having a tour. That was a big controversy, too, because nobody could understand. "Why isn't she promoting her music? Can she not go and do this live?" All of this stuff. So by the time we were in the studio and preparing for Come On Over, I really felt like I needed to say that. You know, we're still here. ... We're not just like sort of a cake-mix couple. We're the real thing.

I bet when you first went out on that tour and it did so well, that must have been such a great feeling.

It did feel good. It did feel really, really good. The main reason for not touring on The Woman in Me was because I had been touring and singing a lot my whole life, and I wanted a break. I'm like, "I'm actually making records now. I want to enjoy this part of it." And the road, there was nothing novel about that to me. I had been doing it since I was a very young child, and I really wanted to indulge in being a recording artist for a while and not a road dog. I wanted to get away from that for a little bit.

I thought, "If this momentum continues without a tour, why tour? Why not let the album succeed on its own merit without the promotion of a tour?" And knowing that by the time I would tour, that I would have enough songs to get through a whole night without having to do cover material -- which is another thing I wanted to get away from. For me, it was very, very important personally as an artist not to tour too early. By the time I was able to come out with the Come on Over tour, I was doing all my own material. That was my dream.

"Party for Two" is so fun, and you've done a couple of versions here, the pop one with Mark McGrath and then the country one with Billy Currington. How did you pick Billy?

Luke Lewis [the head of her label] is always letting us hear his new artists, and he said, "You've got to hear Billy Currington." And he had such a beautiful rich voice, and we really wanted a voice that was ... a very honest and traditional sounding voice for the record. He's got the sort of Southern sexiness to the sound of his voice. It's a relationship between two people flirting with each other. He just really suited it. He's got a very sexy voice, very low and rich.

Oh yeah. There's that line in there, something about gosh, looking good in your socks or something?

"You'll be sexy in your socks."

Are you implying he's only wearing his socks?

Of course. Of course I am. That doesn't happen in the video. Don't worry.
Old 11-04-2004, 06:20 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shaniafan2000 Send a message via Yahoo to Shaniafan2000
Thanks for posting that Tides24.

I think it's funny that Shania had to think about what album, WBHYBBU was on...

I love the rapping part at the end of AMOM, which in my opinion has been the best of any country artist or any artist outside hip-hop trying to do that(i.e Toby Keith or Madonna), though I'm not saying I'd want to see her release a rap album, lol.

Can't wait to read the second half on Friday.

Steven

"I'd love to wake up smiling, full of the joys of Spring, and hear on CNN that Elvis lives again And that John's back with The Beatles and they're going out on tour. I'll be the first in line for tickets -- gotta see that show for sure."

~Lyrics from When by Shania Twain and R.J. "Mutt" Lange.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:20 AM

Shania Twain's CMT Insider Interview (Second of Two Parts)
Superstar Offers New Songs on Greatest Hits

In the second excerpt of this two-part interview with CMT Insider host Katie Cook, Shania Twain talks more about her relationship with husband and producer Robert John "Mutt" Lange and why the made-for-TV movie based on her life story won't be right.

CMT: I heard one of the new songs, "Don't," for the first time last night. I'm not ashamed to say I actually got very choked up listening to the lyric.

Twain: Oh, good. I'm glad to hear it.

What inspired you to write this?

Mutt had this title, "Don't," for a long, long time, and we toyed around with it a lot. We had this melody also for a long time with no lyrics to it, and "don't" just fit right in there. We went back and forth thinking, "Well, it's a negative." [The word] "don't" is such a negative thing, and I like to write about positive things. How can we make this positive? So we toyed over that for a long time and ended up with "don't give up on us." The way Mutt describes it is you want to be driving in your car after having an argument with the person that you love, whether it was that morning or the month before or whatever. Whether it's with your mother, whoever that relationship might be with. This song comes on the radio and you realize, "Wow, I think I messed something up. I've got to call this person and say 'sorry' and try to turn them around and get them to forgive me, and we've got to work this out." We wanted it to prompt that. We wanted it to prompt making up and encourage forgiveness and all that.

"I Ain't No Quitter" is straight-up country. This looks like one that would have written itself fast, too.

It did. It was really fun to write this one. … I had this idea about writing about a guy who had all these terrible habits and wasn't going to change for her. I mean, he's not a quitter. He's not quitting smoking. He's not quitting drinking. He's not quitting anything. But she's not giving up on him, either. So you've got these really two hardheaded people. I wanted to make it into a very positive can-do song. … You know, opposites attract kind-of-thing.

Is that something you guys relate to, maybe?

We're not that opposite, Mutt and I. We are in some ways, but the ways that we are opposite, we complement each other, thankfully. That's what makes it work. Otherwise, obviously we'd be arguing all the time. But we don't, because we end up appreciating and respecting the differences that we have. On the other hand, we have a lot of things that are in common. So it's not completely us, but we can relate to it.

I want to reflect a little bit and talk specifically about songwriting. I think your lyrics are really accessible. Everybody can really connect with them. But I want to see how you connect to your own lyrics. Let's start with "Don't Be Stupid." Talk about jealousy. Do you find yourself being a jealous person?

No, not particularly. Neither Mutt or I are particularly jealous. "Don't Be Stupid" is something I would say on a daily basis. "Don't be silly, don't be stupid" about whatever. "That's nonsense." So it was a phrase I would say, and I thought it really does apply to trying to tell somebody, "Don't be stupid. Get over it. Don't be jealous."

I love the end of "I'm Outta Here" because you've got like your feet stomping and the door slams. What gets you mad enough to do something like that?

In relationships, I'm not very tolerant with certain things.

Like what?

Well … if I had a boyfriend who cheated, for instance, that would be that. That would be the end of that. Any disrespect, forget it. I don't tolerate anything like that. (laughs) You know, treat me with respect. I'm very liberated in that sense. As far as from a female point of view, I would say that when it comes to relationships, I'm pretty serious about what I tolerate and what I don't.

What about "I'm Gonna Get You Good"? The woman in this song is very driven, very focused on her man. … But career-wise, is there anything you still really want to get? Something where you've still got your eyes on the goal?

I do have a lot of goals. Musically, I don't have a big-picture goal. I never did, to be honest with you. They just come as they come. … It's always been a dream of mine to have other people record my music.

Do you see yourself at a point where you may start pitching a lot of your songs to other artists?

I will. I will do that. (laughs) I would have started doing that a long time ago, but everyone around me said, "No, you can't do that. You've got to record this stuff. You can't just give it away." I have to say, I long for that. I long to be able to … listen to other people singing my music, performing my music. That's a bit of a dream of mine. It's a goal. I'd like to be able to manage that at some point, if everybody allows me to. If anybody allows me to.

They're making a TV movie about your life in Canada. Is that strange for you?

Yeah, it's a little odd.

Are you involved at all?

Nuh-uh. No.

That can be a good or bad thing, right? I mean it must be strange to watch something like that. I mean, I hope they get it right.

They're not gonna get it right. (laughs) I'll tell you why: because they don't know everything. That's why they can't get it right. They can't possibly get it right because they don't know me. They don't know me well enough. … If you're going to make the story of someone's life, you've got to really know them. And I'm too private of a person. They'll never know me. I'd have to do it myself really, and I don't know if I will ever do that. Because in order to get to know any one particular person really well, you have to get to know everybody else around them as well. … How can you do that? Anytime you ever read a memoir or any kind of autobiography that's really true to the bone, you've had to expose everybody that you know. … If you're leaving all those things out, you're really not getting the full picture. In order for them to make some kind of complete picture … maybe they'll have to make some of it up or just not make it quite complete. Maybe they'll get it. I don't know. I'll be interested to watch it.

I'm sure when you got into the business and started making it, the last thing you really wanted to talk about over and over again was your parents dying. But that has been such a big part of your life. It's very inspiring to see somebody go through something that difficult and come out so successful and so driven and so happy in their life. Do you feel like that has been a large part of what has endeared you to people?

When my parents first died, I wanted to quit, to be honest with you, because I didn't really see any point in going on. In a sense, I was pursuing a career as a singer to please my parents, because I knew it was their dream. My dream was always in music but not to be the front person. I became that through my mother. I had to support the kids. I had to get a steady job. I had every reason to quit music. The fact that I continued is quite a miracle, and the fact that I actually succeeded is even a bigger miracle. But I think that, yes, through hardship you do gain strength, somehow, underneath it all. If you survive it, then you end up with an incredible strength. And I guess probably that is what happened in the end.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:55 AM
Board Administrator

This is going to be a great show.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 11-05-2004, 11:18 AM

YEp great questions and great answers!! I like when she says that they won't let her stop!! LOL I have to believe us fans are making her continue all as well!
Old 11-05-2004, 04:02 PM
Board Administrator

Up! Close had a new opening. Shania walking out to the stage. It also looks a lot better on CMT than it did on NBC.

I think they are even using new camera shots for some of it.

-Chris

Old 11-05-2004, 04:07 PM
Board Administrator

They put in a new interview clip, and Holding on to love. This version totally kicks butt!

-Chris

Last edited by cbspock : 11-05-2004 at 04:12 PM.
Old 11-05-2004, 04:17 PM
Board Administrator

WOW!!!!! UP! is AWESOME!!!! I can't wait for the DVD. Shania kicks!!! Why didn't they use these on NBC???

-Chris

Old 11-05-2004, 04:19 PM
Board Administrator

FTMO fans will go totally nuts!!!!

-Chris

Post New Thread Reply