Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Fans Area > Life, Music, etc...
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 06-30-2005, 01:45 AM

XM or Sirius???

I am thinking of getting a sattelite radio system in my car but don't know which is better. Does anyone know what is the difference if there are some? I always see that SIRIUS is doing well on the stock market so I am guessing that one is doing better.

Any input would be appreciated
Old 06-30-2005, 06:23 AM
Board Administrator

Shania is doing some sort of interview series on XM.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 06-30-2005, 11:42 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

So far, I haven't even got involved in finding out. Infact, I don't even know anyone who has one. So, I guess I am no help. However, I hope someone will come on here and provide some insight into the generalities of these systems so I may become better versed on it.

Steve
Old 06-30-2005, 06:16 PM
Rookie, my baby

Send a message via AIM to Kringlegirl Send a message via Yahoo to Kringlegirl
I had XM last year. I was paying $10.50 a month including sales tax. I thought it was great cause of 70's, 80's, and 90's stations since they played all different types of music.

Sound quality with the "Universal Audio Adaptor" is okay but if you want it better you should get "XM Direct" which is extra $50.00 without installation.

I personally liked it when I had it hooked on to my stereo than being in the car. I have brother who got into three car accidents because of it

The only thing I know about the difference between the two....XM is cheaper than Sirius.
Kringle-is a wonderful butter layered Danish pastry that was first introduced to Racine and southeast Wisconsin in the late 1800's by Danish immigrant bakers. In its original form, it was a pretzel shaped, almond filled coffee cake.
-Andrea
Old 07-01-2005, 06:46 AM
Administrator

Have we found out when Shania's special will be on the air? I would expect a date soon....do they have a schedule of programming?
Old 07-01-2005, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kringlegirl
I had XM last year. I was paying $10.50 a month including sales tax. I thought it was great cause of 70's, 80's, and 90's stations since they played all different types of music.

Sound quality with the "Universal Audio Adaptor" is okay but if you want it better you should get "XM Direct" which is extra $50.00 without installation.

I personally liked it when I had it hooked on to my stereo than being in the car. I have brother who got into three car accidents because of it

The only thing I know about the difference between the two....XM is cheaper than Sirius.

Thanks.

Steve
Old 07-01-2005, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by FV
Have we found out when Shania's special will be on the air? I would expect a date soon....do they have a schedule of programming?
Jud said it was sheduled for July.

Thanks Andrea for shedding some light
Old 07-02-2005, 07:20 PM
Rookie, my baby

Send a message via AIM to Kringlegirl Send a message via Yahoo to Kringlegirl
Oh I forgot.....If you live in small town or in middle of nowhere. XM is pretty good since you have over 120 channels to pick from than the usual low radio station numbers. I live in a area where I can get Milwaukee and Chicago stations, and they basically play the same stuff 24/7 so I was getting away from that.
Kringle-is a wonderful butter layered Danish pastry that was first introduced to Racine and southeast Wisconsin in the late 1800's by Danish immigrant bakers. In its original form, it was a pretzel shaped, almond filled coffee cake.
-Andrea
Old 07-03-2005, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kringlegirl
Oh I forgot.....If you live in small town or in middle of nowhere. XM is pretty good since you have over 120 channels to pick from than the usual low radio station numbers. I live in a area where I can get Milwaukee and Chicago stations, and they basically play the same stuff 24/7 so I was getting away from that.

Thanks again.

Steve
Old 07-04-2005, 04:49 PM

Re: XM or Sirius???

Quote:
Originally posted by jen
I am thinking of getting a sattelite radio system in my car but don't know which is better. Does anyone know what is the difference if there are some? I always see that SIRIUS is doing well on the stock market so I am guessing that one is doing better.

Any input would be appreciated

I subscribe to XM online, you get every thing that they broadcast on sat. plus extra online content. They also e-mail you a schdule of upcoming events every week. So far nothing about Shania. For just online content, will run you about $9 a month, but you can get a discount if you also have it in your car.
Post New Thread Reply