Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Fans Area > Life, Music, etc...
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-13-2006, 02:12 PM

Angelina Jolie causes stir on packed Indian train

I see here that Angelina likes to do things too surrepitiously like Shania does incognito...Only this time someone evidently penetrated her disguise in public..Lucky for her she had her body gaurds around her on that very public train in India...Ha Ha! I thought I would post this article since it seems to relate with many of Shania's problems at interfacing with the public at large and the danger celebrities face when they go out and mingle amongst the public. This is particularly true amongst foreign countries...Nothing like being mobed by your fans I guess...But at least this one was more friendly for Angelina...She suprised a lot of people by being there... Angelina though has a reputation for being a bit daring at times...I am sure she was scolded by the local authorities for taking such risks...

Link:

http://today.reuters.com/news/artic...sArt-R2-Today-7

Angelina Jolie causes stir on packed Indian train
Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:31am ET
Email This Article | Print This Article | Reprints [-] Text [+]
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Hollywood star Angelina Jolie caught passengers of a packed commuter train unawares in India's financial hub of Mumbai on Monday where she shot for a film on a slain American reporter.

Jolie, filming in India for almost a month with partner Brad Pitt, bought tickets from a city station and boarded a crowded compartment of a Mumbai train with co-actor Dan Futterman.

A Reuters photographer on the train said disbelieving passengers jostled for a view of the sultry actor -- wearing a green T-shirt and khaki trousers -- but were kept at bay by four of her bodyguards.

Passengers brought out pens and paper for autographs, but they were not allowed near Jolie. There was no police security for the shooting.

Jolie plays the wife of Daniel Pearl, an American journalist who was kidnapped and murdered in Pakistan in 2002, in the film "A Mighty Heart". Futterman plays the reporter in the film which is being produced by Pitt.

Suburban trains are Mumbai's lifeline and are used by some six million commuters every day, many of whom travel by hanging from the door-less coaches during rush hour.

Mumbai's teeming railway network was the target of a terror attack in July when bombs went off on packed evening rush hour trains and platforms, killing 186 people and wounding about 700.

Benjamin
Old 11-13-2006, 05:00 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Thanks Benjamin. You would think they wouldn't know her?

Steve
Old 11-13-2006, 09:10 PM

Your welcome Steve...and that story does have many parallels to Shania in that they are both celebrities who try to live as normal a life as possible...I think though that Angelina is a bit bold on that issue...She should be more careful and especially in a country that is close to Pakistan... She even wanted to do this production she is doing now in Pakistan, but was turned down by the Pakistan embassy because it is too dangerous in that country... Angelina is a very talented actress if not a bit stubborn and I am sure her new movie about that photo journalist Pearl who was beheaded by the Muslim Militants will be a good one.

Benjamin

Last edited by corran : 11-13-2006 at 09:12 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:56 AM

What I meant was you would think in a counrty like India where media wouldn't be as big as in the Western World, they would not be so apt to recognize her. But I guess that's not the case

Steve
Old 11-14-2006, 12:39 PM

Oh no! Don't you know that everyone practically knows Shania on sight and Angelina Jolie...Ha Ha! I am not suprised at all...I have been to India myself once before in Bombay...And the Philippines a lot especially recently...Everyone in the Philippines knows Shania and Angelina Jolie on sight...

Benjamin
Old 11-14-2006, 03:20 PM

Cool!

Steve