Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Fans Area > Life, Music, etc...
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 06-30-2003, 03:58 PM
Banned

Message for Dax and Update on Kim

First,I have to deliver a message to Dax

Kim has asked me to post on her behalf to tell you to check your e-mails at your Hotmail address.
She said she sent you something.

Second,here is an update on Kim and her laptop,etc

Kim's laptop went quirky in the hospital so we have had to take it in for a quick repair and she should have it back tomorrow.
I have been checking her e-mails from home and printing them out for her to read and we are both floored by the amount of e-mails she has received.
To save a little time,I will post a quick reply to almost 30 e-mails that all pretty much asked the same question.
People have been wanting to know where they can send cards,flowers and donations to help towards Kim's medical costs.
I haven't spoken with Kim about this yet but I know she would be very touched just by someone sending a card but flowers is just such a lovely gesture and was a very kind thought and if she received flowers,she would likely drop to the floor!!
With regards to the offers for donations,it is true that Kim's medications are very expensive but her medical care is covered here in Canada except for a few elective tests that screen for cancer cells in other organs,etc.They will not cover those tests because it was us that asked for them to be performed and not ordered by the Dr. as a neccessity which I felt was very wrong because he should be screening her for everything incase there is something that has gone undetected and could catch it while it is still early.Her medications are the one thing that is very expensive and is becoming a financial burden.Some of her medications are covered under her drug plan but 3 are not and those medications cost close to $700 a month.
These are her painkillers and medication made especially for cancer patients to help alieviate alot of the nausea and vomiting from the chemotherapy.(I apologise for being so graphic and I know the subject is not pleasant).
Kim has been mulling over a decision whether or not to go ahead with the second round of chemotherapy that the Dr. wants to schedule for mid July.
Kim has been told by the oncologist that he cannot guarantee the success of this round of chemo because chemo,radiation and her medication didn't prevent the cancer from spreading so she is wondering if it is worth it to go through it again if it may be pointless.She had all her hair cut off last year when it started falling out and the hairdresser saved it and she has had her own hair weaved into her few inches as hair extensions and it looks so real,nobody can tell the difference nor see the seam where the hair extensions start.Her biggest worry is that if she does start chemo again that she won't be well enough to attend Shania's concert when she comes to Toronto and she also has her hopes up to go to the fan convention at the Shania Twain Center in Timmins in August.

If you would still like to send Kim a card,please e-mail her and she will give the address via e-mail because I was going to post it to save alot of time and replying but my husband reminded me that this is a public message board and people that are not even registered may read posts so it isn't a good idea to post our address on the internet.
I can however post a toll free number we have set up for Kim on her own personal phone line in her bedroom because she has friends in the US and abroad that do not have long distance available on their phones so they can call her toll free.The number is 1-866-410-0256
We have forwarded all the calls that go to her own phone over to the hospital because she now has a phone in her room so her friends can call her using the toll free number and speak with her even while she is in the hospital.

I received the e-mails from Debbie and I cannot thank her enough for her kindness and support.Kim often speaks about Debbie and lots of other members from the board and always tells me and people the members here are like an extended family and she calls them her Shania Family.
I was just amazed at the amount of e-mails she has received and the locations of some of her friends.
She has people in France,Germany and Australia wanting to send cards and flowers.It is amazing how the internet can bring people together that live so far away but in this case,it was Shania that has brought everyone together.

I would like to thank everyone for their kindness,love and support for Kim.I know it really touches her heart to know her extended family members are writing to see how she is and like I said earlier,feel free to call her at the toll free number because I am sure that will brighten her day to hear a friendly voice!

Thanks again very much!
Old 06-30-2003, 06:07 PM
cross-stitching nut

Kim, I sure hope that you make it to Timmins this summer! But remember that the most important thing is to take care of yourself and if we don't get to meet in Timmins we will just have to meet somewhere else. Take care and I hope that you are feeling better soon!

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain
Old 07-01-2003, 09:39 AM
I love you Shania FAFA:-)

Send a message via ICQ to Shania's_Sister
Cherry, Hi sorry to hear about Kim I woud like to send her something too. send me an e-mail at shaniagal_1999@yahoo.com as I do want to tell her get well soon.

Cancer is an awful thing to have

Carley

Shania's Fan since 1999 and I'll never forget her concert forever and for always

ShaniaTwainUk Please join our group Thanks
Carley's Blog Please leave a comment thanks guys
Post New Thread Reply