Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > General
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 04-23-2001, 06:24 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

If you want to read this, then call it "Honey, I'm Home!

To STUSOFC:

Many of you are not aware of this, but as of next Monday, April 30th, I will be retiring from State Service. Before I go, I feel I need to say this to the fans here at STUSOFC. I consider myself a dedicated fan of Shania Twain/Eilleen Lange. What do I think qualifies me to say that? How about coming in to work 1 hour early for the last year and a half just to come to this message board, find out the latest news, and respond when I think I need to. Or, how about driving my wife nuts with my passion for Shania's music. Maybe it's irritating my fellow work mates by telling them so much about her. I don't know. Probably it's all of these things. Now I could sleep a little longer in the morning, that's true, but then I would miss a lot on this board. Also there is a lot less traffic at 5:45 a.m. I've been lucky in that the Department has a rule about using the Internet for personal things, but as long as you don't do something weird like running a home business or go to unsavory sites, they pretty much leave you alone if and when they monitor it. Apparently they don't feel STUSOFC requires banning here as, if my memory serves me right, happened to Warrior at school. Of course before I leave this week, I must make sure all my Shania screen savers, wallpapers and other files are gone. I am searching every sub-folder and file. I don't think you are surprised to hear that I have had a few things about Shania saved on my hard drive and some of my network drives. I'll get it done before I leave.

I don't know what retirement is like, but I'm about to find out. One thing I do know for sure. My passion for Shania's music won't be retiring with me. My love for her music grows every day, and like you, I miss her singing and performing right now so much! I am making a new tape of some of my favorite Shania songs to play in my pickup. So far this is what I have: ROOL; WMYST; FTMO; MEDLEY-HAWHHIA/TWIM/YGAW; (IYNIIFL)IOH-Dance Mix-[I Love this one]; DWTOTBY; GAHOM; & WHLY. That's it so far. I'll finish it this week sometime. I've got all three CDs in my DVD player right now. It's so neat, I can just keep switching back and forth to each one for the song I want.

I have enjoyed my time here, i.e., Shania Surfing early in the morning, but after this week, I will be reduced to logging on at home when I get time. Obviously, I won't be able to spend as much time at the message board, but I will make sure I keep up with everything going on, especially Timmins. Obviously, if I see something interesting, I will make a reply. I enjoy replying back and forth here with FV, Roger, DOC, Chris, Joni, Bryce, Vince, Desiree, and everyone else. For anyone who needs to contact me at home, I have changed my profile to reflect my home e-mail address for future correspondence.

Thanks for letting me get this out of my system. I needed to. They are having a big retirement good-bye party for me tomorrow in our main conference room where people can come in, have something to eat, and say good-bye. I told them up front, no speeches! That's not my style. I felt this would be my last rational opportunity to express how much these early morning sessions have meant to me. So, that's it I guess. How appropriate and what a moral booster for me this morning, Shania just came on the radio singing TDIMM!!!!

Talk to you guys later!

------------------
I'm not sayin' I have all the answers
And I don't care who's right or wrong
Old 04-23-2001, 06:56 AM

Steve
No question you are one fine and dedicated Shania Twain fan and I've enjoyed reading your posts and interacting with you very much. I know the "wife issue" is no small matter as well. I personally wish you the greatest of luck with retirement and hope you use the time to everything your little heart desires. You deserve it! Congrats again and I wish you the best of luck with all my little Shania lovin' heart. DOC
Old 04-23-2001, 07:16 AM
shania fan

Send a message via Yahoo to stwainfan
Steve I hope you have a happy retirement
your
Shania #1
Old 04-23-2001, 08:55 AM
www.shania.nu

Send a message via ICQ to Terry Send a message via AIM to Terry
steve,

congrats on the retirement. hope life gets even better for you from here on. i'm far from it but retirement sounds like fun! keep up with the shania music and news!

Terry
Old 04-23-2001, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Steve,
you rule! Shania would definitively be happy to hear how much you care about her music and her ideas.. I can tell for sure that you are a great Shania Fan in here, all the other fans have learned from you to understand Shania, her songs, her melodies..I am really looking forward to meeting you in Timmins, that's going to be a blast! You can call yourself a full-time Shania fan now! you lucky guy..

------------------
Cheers,
FV
Old 04-23-2001, 11:32 AM
Still The One!

happy retirement steve!
Old 04-23-2001, 11:39 AM
gIrLpOwErFoReVeR

have great time steve

------------------
kisses,silvi
Old 04-23-2001, 12:20 PM

Congrats, Steve! Kick your feet up and enjoy listening to the lady. Try not to be a stranger, okay?
Old 04-23-2001, 01:07 PM
From This Moment On!

Send a message via AIM to Mary R Send a message via MSN to Mary R Send a message via Yahoo to Mary R
Steve,
I want to wish the best for you on your retirement! Mary R
Old 04-23-2001, 02:43 PM

Steve,
best wishes for your retirement, I wish you to enjoy your "free-time" to do many things, you dreamed about it, and now maybee you have the chance to go after them!
And please, sometime send us some signs that you feel good and everything is all right!
Take care!
Old 04-23-2001, 03:21 PM

Thanks all. I'm home right now alone & logged on to STUSOFC. Had to take the afternoon off or lose the time. My spouse is out gallivanting somewhere, so I am taking advantage of it. Now must be off. I can't sit here in front of this PC all day like at work, cause got things to do to get ready for the remainder of this crazy week. The only thing I am hanging onto at work for the rest of the week is the STUSOFC site in my Favorites. I will delete it when I leave, not until! Next week I can think a lot clearer about Timmins. Right now it's on the back burner. Again, I want to thank everyone for all of your good wishes. GO TIMMINS!!!

Steve
Old 04-23-2001, 05:26 PM
Bryce

Steve

Enjoy your retirement. I'm sure it will take some adjusting. But you will get there. As you say your rutine will have changed. Enjoy being a full time Shania fan. I'm looking forward to meeting you and your wife in Timmins.

Bryce
Old 04-23-2001, 05:31 PM
Board Administrator

Enjoy your retirement!!

-chris
Old 04-24-2001, 07:51 AM
Suspended

Hey Steve:

Have a great retirement party. You may have told them "no speeches" but don't be surprised if people want to make a speech. People need to express themselves at these affairs just as you need to express yourelf in this message to us. It's just too bad we often don't hear the good things from our co-workers until we leave.

I don't really understand why you won't have as much time at the messageboard. After all, you should have more time for the things that are meaningful to you. That's the great thing about retirement! Maybe it's the "wife issue" as doc puts it. In my case, I retired three years before my wife did. I had a whole way of life worked out by the time she retired. And that way of life included an awful lot of time on the Net, not all of it on shania club matters but a lot of it. I am quite willing to change my way of life to accommodate my wife now she is at home too but my time on this board is not negotiable. I do get a lot of snide remarks from my wife now she sees how much time I spend on it but as far as I am concerned what I am doing here is legitimate and wholesome.

I do hope we can continue to enjoy your posts here, Steve. Your posts are sincere, heartfelt and very personal. I at least share your feelings and see a lot of myself in your situation and I appreciate the chance to interact with you.

I'll contact you by email about Timmins in a day or two.

Roger

Old 04-24-2001, 09:36 AM

Roger, you have given me some things to think about as I sit here at my desk with just 10 minutes left until the big party. How's that for dedication. Almost ready for my retirement party and still reading the Board.

Steve
Post New Thread Reply