Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > General
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 05-15-2006, 04:09 PM
From This Moment On!

Send a message via AIM to Mary R Send a message via MSN to Mary R Send a message via Yahoo to Mary R
My, how the time has flown...

The other day my youngest son mentioned to me... "Mom, do you realize that it has been almost 2 years since we were at out last Shania concert?!" to which I said... "Really?! Has it been that long already since we have been to Cincinnati to see Shania?!" Of course I had to check my concert ticket stubs and sure enough the date on the ticket had the 22nd of May on it. I can't believe it's been almost 2 years since I have seen our Shania live in person/in concert.

The last I saw of Shania live was of this...

It's been so long Shania, we are getting so antsy! Hurry back, we are really missing your music and you!

Mary R
Old 05-15-2006, 04:36 PM
Board Administrator

Love that last pic!

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 05-15-2006, 05:41 PM
*~I Love You Shania!~*

Awesome Shania concert pics, Mary!

It'll be two years since my last Shania concert on May 24th. God, I would give anything to relive that day over again! That was the best day of my life!

Shania's Still The One, Forever And For Always!

I You, Shania!

53 DAYS UNTIL THE FIFTH ANNUAL WORLDWIDE SHANIA TWAIN FAN CONVENTION!!! GET READY TO PARTY HARDY!!!
Old 05-15-2006, 06:01 PM
I'm Havin' A Party!

Send a message via ICQ to Shunyeuh Send a message via AIM to Shunyeuh Send a message via MSN to Shunyeuh Send a message via Yahoo to Shunyeuh
ill have to post my concert photos.. man those were the good ole days.. ya has it been that long already..
I Had A Blast Giving Shania The Flowers And Seeing her Reaction! was the best Feeling Ever! Meeting Her Was Awesome! getting the oprah transcript signed was a blast and having her recognize me was cool!
Old 05-15-2006, 07:43 PM

I know what you mean, Mary and I love that last pic also!!
Old 05-15-2006, 07:46 PM
Board Administrator

Okay, I think it is time for another repost......

a look back to 2002, before we knew about Up!

....this appeared in Country Music Magazine..."An Open Letter to Shania Twain....

Oh Sister, Where Art Thou?
by James Hunter

We're sorry, Shania. Come back, we need you.

She's been away for three years now, blissfully hiding out with her husband, the supernaturally capable producer/songwriter Robert John "Mutt" Lange, in their 19th-century chateau in La Tour-de-Peilz Vaud, Switzerland. At one time they promised they'd release an album by.......well, by now. Then Shania got pregnant, and all plans were scrapped.

Well, the baby arrived last summer, yet still there's no word of new music. It can leave a Shania fan downright melancholy.

Of course, Shania knows melancholy. She and Lange pungently evoked that emotion on "Home Ain't Where His Heart Is (Anymore)," the opening tune on 1995's The Woman In Me, the record that started it all. Ah, the fluid, acoustic-toned, lovingly crafted sound of that song, in which a woman cries in her beer- except the tears are newly mascara-stained, and the beverage of choice is probably white wine.

A million country singers have sung a similar lyric, where a husband or wife longs for the one who has up and left. But Shania and Lange overhauled the honky-tonk weeper into something contemporary. She sounded wracked-up, but in a wholly modern way.

With that record, we made our initial Shania mistake: We underrated her and the sly way she performed that song. Shania stripped away the regional mannerisms and dialect that had made female country vocalists like Tammy Wynette so great. Shania didn't rely on such vocal quirks, just as she didn't don the floppy sun hats that Tammy used to wear.

After all, it was the 90's, not the 60's, and country music stars didn't look or sound like they once did. They sang differently, too- and Shania was the most different of them all. Instead of vocal sobs and breaks, she presented streamlined phrases, finely oiled transitions and unapologetically poppish vocal maneuvers.

But where 90's female country stars like Trisha and Martina relied on pure power to light up their modern songs, Shania offered attitude, a vibe, a wink that could turn lightning-fast into a passionate embrace.

When Shania remembered kissing her bonehead boyfriend from Arkansas to Rome, good Lord, the vibe pulsed through her understated alto like nothing country music had ever heard.

And "Home Ain't Where His Heart Is (Anymore)" was just a sad ballad. When Shania and Lange decided to really mix things up on "(If You're Not In It For Love) I'm Outta Here!" people flipped. Shania and Lange moved contemporary country beyond lame pop retreads toward a new adventure completely of its own imagining.

In no time at all, Shania exploded into a modern country icon, Nashville's- and, significantly, VH1's- first down-home video babe. Shania's full-on embrace by Top 40 radio and VH1 spread her music throughout the pop world. She sold more than 30 million albums, appeared in cosmetic commercials and hosted her own network TV specials. Suddenly her music was everywhere- and everything.
Nashville tried desperately to Xerox her. You had strained approximations of the musical vibe, several hundred newly flaunted bellybuttons, and young women turning their attentions to contempo-sounding songs, or even just flat-out pop songs. But no would-be Shania inheritor ever actually got it right, not the way she and Lange did. That was because their objective was in fact the reverse: To copy no one. To be themselves.

That set up a tough gig: Who adapted her influence well? Well, Faith Hill and the Dixie Chicks, for two, neither of whose music sounds anything like Shania's. Come On Over, the couples second record together and the last we've heard from them, illustrated this definitively; it's one of the deepest albums ever made in a pure-fun mode.

Come On Over encompassed it all: a break-out symphony of 60's-toned synth riffs in "Man! I Feel Like A Woman!" that's like a sonic declaration of independence; shockingly new hoedowns and fiddle extravaganzas like "I'm Holdin' On To Love (To Save My Life)" and "Love Gets Me Every Time"; a plain old great song, "You're Still The One," whose fragrant melodic allure proves exactly why people still crave plain old great songs; and the clever "That Don't Impress Me Much," so perfectly and naturally done that it's only after the ten-thousandth enjoyable radio listen that you realize the song updates country humility.

So, Shania, as you're bouncing your baby in the Alps, don't forget about us, Ok? You showed how a country singer can reinvent things from the ground up.

You said: Of course the old forms were sublime- so strong, in fact, that you can build on them, that country fans needn't be like classical music nuts, religiously dusting off the same old recordings of the same old Beethoven symphonies, dutifully trudging out to concerts that allow only imitations of same.

You said: Country can vibe all over the world. And you were dead right. The Switzerland thing, we understand; it's cool. And the baby thing- it's what life is all about. But come (back) on over, at least eventually. Vibe for us some more.

-Chris

Last edited by cbspock : 05-15-2006 at 07:50 PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:36 PM
From This Moment On!

Send a message via AIM to Mary R Send a message via MSN to Mary R Send a message via Yahoo to Mary R
Well, it was 2 years ago tonight the 21st of May that I along with Jessica was in Columbus, OH seeing Shania in concert. Ho hum.

(pics by Jessica)

Mary R
Old 05-21-2006, 10:37 PM
Board Administrator

Shania and kids...she sure loves them.

-Chris

Old 05-21-2006, 10:41 PM
From This Moment On!

Plus, it was 7 years ago also on the 21st of May that I saw Shania in concert in Columbus! Double Ho hum! Oh the memories!

Mary R
Old 05-21-2006, 10:53 PM
I'm Havin' A Party!

Send a message via ICQ to Shunyeuh Send a message via AIM to Shunyeuh Send a message via MSN to Shunyeuh Send a message via Yahoo to Shunyeuh
ya i rmemeber those pictures mary ill have to see what i have to post them..
I Had A Blast Giving Shania The Flowers And Seeing her Reaction! was the best Feeling Ever! Meeting Her Was Awesome! getting the oprah transcript signed was a blast and having her recognize me was cool!
Old 05-21-2006, 11:02 PM
I'm Havin' A Party!

happy shania annivsary for the 21st of 99 in columbus at the Polaris and the 21st of 04 also in colum. at the Schot. cincy which was the 22nd of 04' at first star

man those were the good ole days and a few of the greatest concerts mary and i were at

Last edited by Shunyeuh : 05-21-2006 at 11:35 PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:17 PM
From This Moment On!

Your right Chris, I do believe that Shania has a soft spot for kids! They tug at ones heart so.

Mary R

Last edited by Mary R : 05-21-2006 at 11:31 PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:24 PM
I'm Havin' A Party!

i have to agree.. shania is a softy for kids
Old 05-24-2006, 06:48 PM

It has been a while. It will be 2 years since my last Shania concert on July 6. I can't believe it's been so long. I can't wait to see Shania again!