Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Fans Area > Life, Music, etc...
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 07-02-2009, 09:08 AM

Elyse Saunders - Debut CD-Recommending

Hi Everyone . Last weekend the New Self Titled Debut CD by ELYSE SAUNDERS landed on my doormat . She resides in Ontario ,Canada . She cites her influences as Shania, Le Ann Rimes, The Eagles and Patsy Cline.

ELYSE SAUNDERS is a 20 year old Independent artist she recorded this when she was 19. For me ELYSE was a myspace discovery in Sept 2008. I liked one or 2 of her songs but since that time she added more which really impressed. ELYSE is the best new artist in Country/Pop I've heard this past year. This Debut has received 5 STAR Internet reviews and also in UK Publication MAVERICK Magazine (MAY 2009) . I Don't agree with this rating. I feel an Album has to be absolutely outstanding even groundbreaking to warrant 5 STARS (EG The Women In Me) . I find myself playing Elyse's CD in reverse order LOL - I was knocked out by tracks 4,7, 9,10,11 on the Album. Elyse is currently trying to branch out into Nashville and recently attended the CMA Fan Festival. Last week she played to an audience of 5000 people at a Festival in Ontaria which sounded really excited. She came across as a fairly modest and very nice person in interview on BLOG TALK RADIO

Great credit must be paid to stellar songwriter Cyril Rawson who produced this album. He has had songs recorded by some of the biggest names in Country music -Reba McEntire,Tanya Tucker, Gretchen Wilson, Lorrie Morgan, Anne Murray, Hal Ketchum and Lisa Brokop to name just a few. So this combination of experience and youth is IMHO a winning formula. My personal favourite track on this 13-track outing is 'Nobody's Watchin'. - The first single released to Canadian Radio stations.
'Long Enough' ( Faith Hill like) is soaring and passion filled.
'Where I've Never Been' is another lovely sensitive radio friendly cut. 'Love Reinvented' has a great vibe ,a crisp tight sound and an infectious hook. 'Paris Is Burning' is a gorgeous heartache song - love the lyrics .'More Of That' is a very catchy number too.

Maybe Fans on this forum have heard of Elyse? If not please give Elyse's music a test drive on her MYSPACE and please let me know what you think? What tracks do you like the best?
Its great that such young talent is coming through from Canada.
Canadian recording artist Lisa Brokop guests on the album and is singing Elyse's praises
www.myspace.com/elysesaunders
Old 07-02-2009, 11:44 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

I have never heard of her, but I listened to a little of several songs. Not sure if I would buy it, but not bad. .

Steve
Old 07-03-2009, 07:25 AM

Hi Steve
Thanks very much for the reply, taking time out to listen to Elyse's music and your honest comment. Yes it was myspace and then the album review which brought her to my attention. Here in the UK you cannot expect the Country radio shows to introduce you to Independent artists, most of the time you have to seek them out for yourself. So its great when you come across someone you haven't heard of and really like their music. Its very hard for Independents to get their music out there without the financial backing of a record label. Although even that is not such a good thing with labels folding and little in the way of artist development. Too many artists have made a great 1st album never to be heard of again if they haven't sold platinium. In this day and age the likes of Shania and Reba McEntire would sadly not have made it past their 1st release which is crazy.

I do hope that some Canadain members on these boards will tell me they have heard Elyse before?
Old 07-21-2009, 06:52 AM

Elyse's 'Nobody's Watchin' was played at 11:15 UK time on Saturday 1hour and 15mins into Jackie Storrar’s Country Café Show on CMR Nashville Europe's #1 24 hour Country Radio Station!
http://cmrnashville.com/listenlive.php
Jackie very kindly played Elyse as her Independent Artist choice this week.
This show is repeated 5 MORE times .
With the Time Zone Difference -5 Hours in Canada behind UK GMT Time
Therefore Nobody’s Watchin' can now be heard again
Tuesday 12:00-14:00 UK time ( 07:00-09:00 Ontario Time – 08:15 )
Tuesday 18:00-20:00 UK Time ( 13:00-15:00 Ontario Time – 14:15 )
Wednesday 0:00 –02:00 UK Time ( Tuesday 19:00-21:00 Ontario Time – 20:15 )
Wednesday 06:00 -08:00 UK Time ( 01:00-03:00 Ontario Time – 02:15 )
Old 08-03-2009, 07:09 AM

Elyse Is currently involved with a Radio Tour to promote her 2nd Single 'BITTERSWEET' . These are 4 dates this week on Stations in Ontario. Interviews and performing live which you may like to check.

EVENT: Radio Tour with CKNX - AM920
DATE: Tuesday August 4th, 2009
TIME: 4:15PM ( 21:15 In the UK UTC/GMT -5 hours )
DETAILS: Live in station meeting and interview along with acoustic performance with radio host John Marshall.
LISTEN ONLINE @:
http://www.am920.ca/

EVENT: Radio Tour with CKOT - 101.3FM
DATE: Wednesday August 5th, 2009
TIME: 7 a.m ( 13:00 UK Time UTC/GMT -5 hours )
DETAILS: Live in station meeting and interview along with acoustic performance with station's radio host Craig Fox.
LISTEN ONLINE @:
http://radiotime.com/station/s_31279/CKOT-FM_1013.aspx

EVENT: Radio Tour with CHOK - Country 103.9FM
TIME: 10:45 a.m ( 15:45 UK Time UTC/GMT -5 hours )
DETAILS: Live in station meeting and interview with station's radio host Chris Toplack.
LISTEN ONLINE @: http://www.chok.com/

EVENT: Radio Tour with CFCO - 92.9FM
TIME: 2:00 p.m ( 19:00 UK Time UTC/GMT -5 hours )
DETAILS: Live in station meeting and interview with station's radio host Mike Regnier.
LISTEN ONLINE @: http://www.country929.com/
Old 12-01-2009, 03:20 PM

ELYSE SAUNDERS has updated her websites adding new Christmas photoshoot pics and also a brand new original Christmas track called 'Eleven Crystals Angels', its a brand new original Christmas track. The track has been sent out as a promo single to Christmas, Country and also AC stations in Canada. PLEASE NOTE - Its being made available as a FREE DOWNLOAD gift in High Quality MP3 ( 192kbps ) from either:
a) Elyse's MYSPACE page - http://www.myspace.com/elysesaunders
b) Elyse's WEBSITE page - http://www.elysesaunders.com/ElyseMusic.html

Please report back if you liked it or spread the word to you friends about her. Its lovely to see young talented Canadian singers coming through.

Last edited by Andy : 12-01-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:47 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Thanks.

Steve
Old 12-02-2009, 02:38 PM

Hi Steve
Your welcome
There is now a Video to accompany the song which Elyse has added to her myspace. Very sweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaYa...player_embedded
Post New Thread Reply