Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 12-06-2003, 09:37 AM

Fans set to snag Shania tickets

Posted Dec. 06, 2003

Early birds set up camp for chance to buy front-row concert seats
By Thomas Rozwadowski
trozwado@greenbaypressgazette.com

An emergency appendectomy or Shania Twain tickets?

For rabid Shania fan Karen Petersen — and perhaps even those without pop-country inclinations — the choice would be the latter.

But when duty called for the Oconto resident to drive her daughter to Bellin Hospital to get her appendix removed Friday morning, Petersen’s plan to camp out for tickets hit a snag.

“I planned on being here earlier,” said Petersen, who returned at around 4 p.m. to the Resch Center line, which was about nine tents deep.

“But I had to take my daughter to the emergency room by 10 a.m., so we’re a little further behind than we planned.”

Instead, the designation of “No. 1 crazy person,” or rather, first in line, went to Michelle VandeHey of Green Bay, who had been camping out since 4 p.m. Thursday. But then again, even she had a plan that prevented her from shirking all her responsibilities on Friday.

While VandeHey left to give skating lessons in De Pere in the evening, her mother, Renetta Benedum, and aunt Tami Koebach held down the tent. Koebach, who had been keeping VandeHey company all day, said the bonding experience, let alone the chance for front-row tickets at the June 3 show, made the experience worth it.

“We fell asleep, got a little fried in the sun today … it was just a beautiful day to be out,” Koebach said.

“It’s my first time doing something like this, and I would gladly do it again.”

While making a quick cell-phone check to her mom, VandeHey said that despite the concrete sleeping arrangements Thursday night, it’s a rush to know that come noon today, she’ll be first in line.

“I had to have front-row tickets,” said VandeHey, who will be seeing Shania for the fourth time. “My parents used to listen to country music, and I vowed never to like it. But once I heard (Shania) on the radio, I became a huge fan.”

Terry Charles, a spokesperson for PMI, said that crossover appeal coupled with the fact that country music concerts do extremely well in Green Bay, puts the success rate for today’s sale off the charts.

“We anticipate it being a quick sellout,” Charles said. “It’s one of those talk-of-the-town things.”

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com..._13549638.shtml
Old 12-06-2003, 10:00 AM
Board Administrator

So, I guess Jimmy Carter is wrong.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 12-06-2003, 01:02 PM
Administrator

WOW! I am so happy I got the tickets during the presale!
Old 12-06-2003, 01:15 PM
Board Administrator

I just snagged a ticket to the CT show!!!

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 12-06-2003, 06:15 PM

Well, I'm glad those that have seen her over and over again are still getting their front row seats because I've never gotten to see Shania live. Every time I want tickets, they're all sold out or the upper rows are all that's left. And with tickets going on pre-sale for "fan club only" members, I don't stand a chance because I am not a member. All of this is due to not having a credit card. Yes, I'm a huge Shania fan (otherwise I wouldn't have spent the last three years building a website that may end up being the biggest Shania fan site on the internet).

I'm sorry, I'm just mad because I woke up at 9:15 this morning, 45 minutes before tickets went on sale for the Grand Rapids show in May, and I was all set to order tickets with my dad's credit card. But as luck would have it, my dad didn't wake up until noon and I didn't end up getting any tickets. This would be the 3rd time this year that I have lost out on going to a Shania concert. I don't think I'll ever get there! And it frustrates me because others have been there several times already.

Amanda
Old 12-06-2003, 07:31 PM

Check eBay, rtc. There are usually maaany tickets available, and good seats, too. That's one possibility.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:23 PM

I could, Sheri. I'm just afraid that buying them from someone on E-Bay, I might get jipped. What if I send the money and there are no tickets or what if they're couterfeit tickets? I'll look to see what they have but I'm still kinda iffy.

Amanda
Old 12-09-2003, 02:44 PM
Rookie, my baby

Send a message via AIM to Kringlegirl Send a message via Yahoo to Kringlegirl
I own a ticket for that show 6th row on the floor Got it from FC presale
Kringle-is a wonderful butter layered Danish pastry that was first introduced to Racine and southeast Wisconsin in the late 1800's by Danish immigrant bakers. In its original form, it was a pretzel shaped, almond filled coffee cake.
-Andrea
Post New Thread Reply