Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 01-20-2014, 10:47 AM
Board Administrator

Vegetarian but not about to preachify

Hello, validation from Shania Twain for my almost-vegetarianism.

Shania, who begins a new run at Caesars Colosseum on Wednesday, is a vegetarian who easts cheese but not eggs. We discovered neither of us is a proselytizer.

“It’s a personal thing. I would never preach vegetarianism,” she said.

“It’s such a personal choice. It’s got to suit you, and be right for you: emotionally, spiritually and physically. If it’s working for you, that’s really great,” she said.

Vegetarianism has unexpected side benefits for us. For me, I no longer get acid reflux or stomachaches, and my eye circles aren’t as dark. For Twain, she has the look of eternal beauty.

A few months ago, the readers of Country Weekly voted Shania, 48, the Most Beautiful Woman of 2013.

“I definitely think there are some benefits. I know a lot of people that have had cancer, for example, and they’ll make a point of telling me, ‘The first thing my doctor told me to do was stop eating meat during this process,’” she said.

“I think it’s interesting a doctor would suggest a vegetarian diet when you’re already sick.”

You might think vegetarianism would make you as skinny as a yoga teacher. I lost 10 pounds immediately. But my metabolism rebooted after a few months and I put the weight back on.

“You can also eat very poorly as a vegetarian,” Shania told me.

I know, I know, Shania, but I can’t quit chips and ice cream.

“You’ve got to eat healthy. I stick to a mixture of real raw, whole-food items every day. I make sure I’m eating greens every day, and nuts, and food that’s not processed.

“I do that every day. If you end up eating breads and rice and pasta to satisfy yourself,” she said, “then you’re probably not necessarily eating healthier. You might be sparing yourself some of the downsides of eating meat. But you’re not necessarily benefiting yourself by eating the starch.”

You know what’s extra endearing about Shania: She comes across as a very humble human being — until I ask her about her cooking skills, and then she’s off to the races.

“I put on a feast at Christmastime. My gravy is really a tasty, savory gravy. I use a morel mushroom rue and a nutritional yeast base for the gravy, and it is so delicious.

“It tastes like a turkey gravy, basically, but it has no animal, and it’s really yummy. Everybody loves my brown gravy at Christmas.”

She said people would never be able to tell her “killer stuffing and killer gravy” doesn’t come cooked with a turkey.

“I think I’m going to do a cookbook to help people. I’ve eaten a lot of other people’s vegetarian food, and it takes a lot of hours in the kitchen getting it right. I’ve spent a lot of time experimenting, getting it to where it would satisfy a meat eater.”

I don’t doubt it, Most Beautiful Woman of 2013.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/column...about-preachify

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 01-20-2014, 11:59 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

What a nice article. I am trying to do some of what she is saying, but so far not all. It is quite a challenge as she says to go all the way Veggie.

Steve
Old 01-20-2014, 12:24 PM
♡ Mone ♡

I work in a butchery, so it would be kinda hypocrytical if I would be vegetarian. So I do eat meat, and I like it. But I only eat meat that comes from animals that had a good life before they were slaughtered. The brands we sell are O'sullivan Irish meat and Livar (a Dutch brand), for those who are interested.
But I also have veggie days. I eat meat 3 days a week max. I just love the taste of steak, can't help it .

But all the food I buy is organic, the animals had a good life and it's not processed. This mean that it's more expensive, and I am not rich, so I eat less (meat) and I save money by not doing certain things like going out so much so I can buy good quality food.

I have to say that the food I eat now tastes just so much better than the processed food from the (bio)industry. But I do understand that the food is more expensive, and not everybody can afford it...

Thanks for sharing this article!

Mone: People who say you cannot buy love, obviously never owned a horse like my Mone.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:36 PM
Board Administrator

It would be cool if she put a cookbook together and put in a lot of what she likes to eat and put in some of her experiences over the years of what tastes good, bad etc

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 01-20-2014, 03:54 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

I'm trying to eat bread only once a day, and also not eating anything after supper. I've done pretty good so far. Lost about 6 pounds.

Steve