Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > General
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 08-19-2005, 04:24 PM

COO - Dual Disc version

I run the Virgin Music store in Philadelphia. (I push Shania's GH album to everyone who purchases a Keith Urban CD - I just simply tell them did you know that Keith is described as the male version of Shania?) lol. And 9 times outta 10 it works and the buy Shania too. Anyways, I'm getting side tracked. With everyones albums being re-released as a Dual Disc I think Shania/Mercury should follow suit. If they did this I beleive Shania will set a new record with COO being the best selling album by ANY artist (male or female).

Has anyone heard of any rumors if this was going to happen?

Regards,
Steven
Old 08-19-2005, 09:43 PM

In my opinion, Shania wouldn't be the type of artist to do that. She has stated time and again that she never cares about how many records she sells. It's all about the thrill of songwriting, what the fans think, how they respond in her shows, etc. Even though she's in that elite group of superstar sellers with ridiculously large album sales totals, she's not that kind of person. She's too humble.

If you want my opinion, though, I would have to agree in one sense. But I would like to see, and wouldn't be surprised if, someday, she did achieve the milestone of having the biggest-selling album of all time, by ANY GENDER artist. That would just solidify her claim to being driven, to making it, not only for her siblings but for her parents---above all---the ultimate "told you so" to Nashville. I would love to see the faces of, say, the CMA members when they're watching the news and the headlines read:

"It's official. Shania Twain's latest album has been certified by the RIAA and Nielson SoundScan as the biggest-selling album by any artist of any genre."

Women have always been overlooked, or underestimated, in the music industry, I think. I would love that the biggest-selling album would be by a female. Just love it.

But, not by a two-disc release. One of those every once in awhile is okay, but doing that for album after album is just a low marketing move that shows an artist's true intentions of the music business.

Shania is so much better than that. Someday, I predict, she will reach even more honorable milestones than she already has. People will always continue to underestimate her. Funny enough, every time that happens, she proved them wrong by doing something even more jaw-dropping.

Last edited by paradice1506 : 08-20-2005 at 03:59 PM.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:08 PM

A dual disc doesn't counted as two. It is counted only for the music side. The other side is generally filled up with vidoes, concert/interview footages.

But generally when a new and prove thechnology is taking over, there are a lot of re-releases.

For example a DVD-A version with the surround sounds and all the effects would be cool.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:46 PM
Administrator

Re: COO - Dual Disc version

Quote:
Originally posted by clegger26
Has anyone heard of any rumors if this was going to happen?

I have not heard anything...but I would welcome the decision...
Old 08-20-2005, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jud
A dual disc doesn't counted as two. It is counted only for the music side. The other side is generally filled up with vidoes, concert/interview footages.

Oh, my misunderstanding. When I heard "dual disc," I was immediately reminded of "Up!" But if you don't mean an additional disc of, say, new remixes or any kind of MUSIC content, then that is a completely different story.

Bonus content along the lines of, perhaps, tour footage, or other media extras, would be great.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:36 PM

Dual disc means: one cd, when one side is music and the other is kinda dvd. It's slightly thicker then a reguler cd, ad reminds the old albums with their a/b sides.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:42 PM

It would be interesting to see Up! and Come On Over sell as one album...My but the sells results might just shoot through the roof...Of course I am just surmising here...But I would think people would take advantage of it if it was offered as a special one time deal...Shania certainly does not have anything to lose by making such an offer and everything to gain in terms of audience and visibility...Such a move would make her quite clever...I wonder if Universal/Mercury would go for it...

Benjamin
Old 08-22-2005, 08:42 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

I would love to see her have the biggest selling album of all time. I don't think it will happen though. COO has been a phenominal success, no matter how you cut it. About 20 M in the US alone. She is right up there, but so are the Eagles with their GH CD Vol 1. Last I knew it was somewhere around 28 M for best sellinjg of all time. It would be quite a feat for COO to catch it with basically a trickle of sales compared to COO's heyday in the market. UP was a great CD and had great success, Many artists would kill for a CD that sold as well as UP, but let's face it, commercially it is not up to par with COO. I know Shania will have many more successes during her career in song writing and CD sales, but it will be very rare if she ever has another CD as successful as COO. That said, I hope she does, and I will be the first to eat my words if and when she does.

Steve