Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > The Former Shania Centre in Timmins
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-10-2004, 10:30 PM

Kelly Sittler's Card

First off I want to thank all those who signed the cards that I carried around during the extended weekend of the dedication ceremony.

Now just to update those who may not visit the OFC, here is Derek's post regarding those cards. Hopefully Derek won't mind my reposting this here, but I thought that you all would like to know how Kelly is doing and the impact that you all had.

Quote:
Today we got a little surprise in the mail that came from Timmins on an indirect route, inside we found 2 get well cards, CD of pictures and a few other items. First off many thanks to all the people that signed the cards including Shania!!!! what a GREAT surprise, Kelly cried. I think more so for all the friends and fans that took time to sign and pass along wishes. Thanks so much to Alan for thinking about Kelly and taking time to put this altogether (sorry about the postal code thing!!!!) The pictures allow us to see what we missed, you guys had fun and I wish we could have been part of it. Ted was nice enough to come over following the event and fill us in on what happened. He also gave Kelly a STC jersey which she wears all the time. And as always Ted brought mint smoothies, we are now addicted to them with the possibility of a few other Shania fans, I think Ted is the "unofficial" spokesman for mint smoothies, maybe he will get his own commercial.

Many things have happened since my last post and we have been busy with seeing doctors and stuff, but in a nutshell after Kelly's surgery we got some good news and it looks like the cancer has not spread anywhere else but we still have to wait for more test results. At the end of the month we visit the cancer center in Kitchener to find out what the next steps are, I am sure there will be some form of treatment yet involved as a preventative measure. Kelly is in great spirits and is "UP!" and about and has just started driving again. It is possible she might return to work in December. We have kept very positive thru this and all the letters, e-mails, cards, phone calls etc. have certainly made it a lot easier. We have been OVERWHELMED by the outpouring of support and generosity.

Thanks again to everyone

Kelly & Derek Sittler

PS. Chris and FV, I picked the Timmins forum since this is related to Timmins and all of the gang signed the card in Timmins. However if you feel that this should be posted elsewhere, please feel free to move it.

Fancon 3 was a blast! Thanks to all who made it so, including all my new Shania friends.

Shania Twain Centre.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:05 PM
Administrator

Thanks Alan for all the info It's good to know that the card helped......I am sure more good will come out of it...it always does from a Shania related event...
Old 11-11-2004, 07:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to resessions
Wonderful!!!! Simply Wonderful !!!!!
Old 11-11-2004, 07:46 AM

HERE - HERE GREAT NEWS...WILL KEEP POSITIVE VIVES COMING YOUR WAY....
Old 11-13-2004, 11:22 AM

Thanks for that wonderful post Alan, glad to hear she's doing better. As Richard said, can only go UP from here!!!

Olga

I'm havin' me a party!!!
Old 11-13-2004, 08:01 PM
Forever Young

I'm glad to hear that Kelly's doing better. I really enjoyed spending time with her and her husband at FanCon 2 and I really hope they make next year.

I'm also really glad to hear that the card got signed by Shania. I'm sure that meant a lot to her.

Stay UP! Kelly!!!

Allison
Old 11-13-2004, 10:32 PM

WooHooo thanks Alan for posting it here,,

Kelly I spent alot of time with Ted over those three days in Timmins he told me great things about you and hubby!!

keep your spirits UP! and think great thoughts

We'll see ya in August Fancon 3

Cheers
Steve

All My concert pics http://www.shaniaforums.com/showthread.php?p=608468#post608468

Captainsteve19
Post New Thread Reply