Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > General
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 10-23-2001, 12:42 PM

Biography Discussion

I'm starting this thread so that questions can be asked and answered,etc. Please be respectful with your typing here. Remember who this book is about, I'm sure she knows discussion will happen between fans. Speak and ask as if it was someone you cared about.
Any out of line posts will be deleted.

Joni

[This message has been edited by Joni (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Well said Joni! Now if only my copy of the book would arrive..LOL

------------------
Cheers,
FV
Old 10-23-2001, 01:41 PM

Well, Amanda already answered my first question, so I know how much I paid. You've all got me really looking forward to receiving my copy now. But as I said earlier in another thread, having written something like this myself, I suspected accurately, the impact of this book. But in truth, that was based on excerpts I read at the author's website. I must take second seat to Roger, who having not read anything, turned this group's early opinions around solely from his assessment of the author by talking with him in Timmins.
Old 10-23-2001, 02:20 PM
Mutt Lover

Send a message via ICQ to Baby Mutt Send a message via AIM to Baby Mutt Send a message via Yahoo to Baby Mutt
Well, since i probably will nevr get the bio, i gotta ask u!

Anything new/interesting about Mutt??

thanx,
-Vale-

------------------
I LOVE YOU SOO MUCH MUTT!!!
Old 10-23-2001, 02:27 PM

At this moment, I don't have any questions. But if I do, I'm sure they'll be answered before I post. If there's anything particularly defensive about her, please let us know so we can defend her. That's all I ask.

Amanda
Old 10-23-2001, 03:12 PM

Mutt started out as "Puppy". It was very interesting learning about how he got started and all the jobs he did. He has always been a spiritual person, a Devout Christian before following the path of Radhasoami Satsang. This has nothing to do with what the tabloids were reporting on. He doesn't push his beliefs onto anyone. His work and craft didn't come easy for him he had to work at it. Without looking back there are at least two solid chapters on Mutt. He seems to be an extraordinary person The info comes from sources of course and not necessarily Mutt's mouth.
Mutt fans should buy the book

RTC I put the warning above so people just wouldn't start typing away without thinking.
To me there is nothing in the book that would undermine Shania. Nothing to defend. Some may have to calm down at some personal
moral choices she made. These are learned through interviewed sources. As you read you decide for yourself if you believe the stories as told.

Keep in mind if everything in the book turns out to be true it wouldn't hurt the career of Shania Twain at all. She has not misrepresented herself.

Joni
Old 10-23-2001, 03:14 PM
Banned

I totally agree with Amanda.I am still waiting for my copy but when we have all read it and if there is anything that is reported in the book that seems out of charachter for Shania,could we discuss it in an adult and respectful manner?
I know everyone here is very classy and behaves with total respect for one another but I have seen some message boards get a little messy when it comes to a good debate or discussion.Please,lets all respect and love one another and most importantly,respect and love Shania as if she were our sister.
Joni,your comments in this thread were excellent and that is the greatest advise a Shania lover can give or receive!
Old 10-23-2001, 03:26 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob:
I must take second seat to Roger, who having not read anything, turned this group's early opinions around solely from his assessment of the author by talking with him in Timmins.

No, Bob, my exhange with Eggar in Timmins was superficial and brief. It began because I saw him standing there and I wondered if he was you!! I just wanted everyone to keep an open mind about him.

Roger
Old 10-23-2001, 03:32 PM

I doubt I'll buy the book so...
Questions:

1.What private stuff in the book would Shania rather have kept private?

2. Info on old boyfriends? Was Paul Bolduc actually engaged to Shania? or was Paul still with her when Shania met Mutt?

3. Her family? Any new info on family memebers(brothers, sisters), was one of her brothers really adopted? Does it discuss her brothers going to jail or her sister Jill being charged?

4. Any new info on Mutt Lange? His relationship with Shania?

5. Any new information on Shania's pregnancy and birth of EJA?

that's all I've come up with so far!

[This message has been edited by Rocco (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 03:54 PM

Thanks Cherrybaby

For Rocco

1. There's no way to answer all that. You really need to buy the book.

2. Yes info on old boyfriends. She was engaged to Paul. She had met Mutt and they had been working together. Things started to change in the "feelings" area. She returned to Timmins to break it off with Paul. No big deal here guys, many women and men have found themselves in the same position.

3. Darryl is adopted. He was birthed by Jerry Twains sister. Does contain"Bad boy" info and info about them now. Basically seems they are doing well now.

4. There is a lot of info on Mutt in the book.

5. No.

Let me stress again you should buy the book and read it. You get the flow of her life and everything that has happened that way.
Just asking without the intention of reading, you'll truly miss so much.

Again all these answers come from the book so those interviews that were done are the source of the info.

Joni
Old 10-23-2001, 04:05 PM

Ok, thanks!

But what stood out the most in the book? Things you didn't know about Shania until you read it? Stuff that sort of shocked you or confirmed what you figured out yourself but Shania has never confirmed publicly
You don't have to post everything you found out, just some of it,I know there is probably lots!
Old 10-23-2001, 04:13 PM
Board Administrator

Joni, what I have been skimming through the book, since I won't have time to really read it until the weekend. but what I read has been good. The stuff when Shania met Mutt was really good...talk about finding a soulmate.

And he does write in the book, the whole CULT scandle was made up by Daryl, and Mutt still has yet to forgive him, and Shania felt really betrayed.

Can't wait to read it cover to cover.

-Chris
Old 10-23-2001, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roger:

No, Bob, my exhange with Eggar in Timmins was superficial and brief. It began because I saw him standing there and I wondered if he was you!! I just wanted everyone to keep an open mind about him.

Roger

Hi Roger,

That's even more impressive if you made such an accurate assessment on such limited info. As for you wondering in Timmins, if Robin 'the latest of the Shania authors' was Robert 'the least of the Shanians', that's kind of flattering. Also things could change. It would be great fun for me to write something about this or related subjects someday. Time will tell. Some of Steve's pre-retirement experience is scaring me away from retiring next September. If I do retire, I could write to my heart's content. But I don't have as many years with one employer to contribute to a pension as you and Steve do. As an aside, to imagine the 3 of us elders (and your patient spouses) getting together again makes my heart smile. I hadn't planned to return to Timmins, nor even necessarily visit Ottawa etc. But there's a certain positive energy that keeps drawing me back somehow.
Old 10-23-2001, 05:21 PM

Ummm..when you guys post stuff in the book ...for example "Daryl making the whole cult story up"... could you indicate the source where Eggar gets the info from(Shania's relatives, friends),or if Eggar just assumes it himself! Cause it just sounds like another tabloid story to people who haven't read the book, doesn't sound very truthful!
Old 10-23-2001, 05:54 PM

Joni, thank you. I hadn't really thought Eileen might have done anything to hurt Shania's reputation but I know she IS human after all! And what to say about Darryl. Wow! That blows me away! He and Mutt must not get along very well. I couldn't imagine anyone doing that to someone if they liked them a whole lot. I don't expect Mutt or Eileen to have the same religion as I do. I respect their beliefs as anyone should. Ok, before I get all religious here I better end the message right here. I just wanted to say that I do respect and love them no matter what they do. They continously inspire me and for me, that's all that matters.

Amanda
Post New Thread Reply