Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > General
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 08-30-2002, 06:28 PM

I was just in the middle of watching MWL and I see the advertisement piece for the "40 Greatest Women" and low and behold, they show a clip of Shania. It's something I've never seen before. I think it's new! I think it's Shania's new look too. She had some dark colored makeup on and didn't look like herself. I had to look twice to make sure it was her. I'm definitely watching the show now!

Amanda
Old 07-19-2005, 11:24 AM
Administrator

I think they now have taken Shania's comments from this previous show and pasted it in the CMT Inside Fame: Tammy Wynette episode...did this air already?

http://www.vh1.com/artists/rock_on_...ys=&startdoc=11

Show: CMT Inside Fame
Episode: Tammy Wynette [TV-PG]
Network: (CMT) CMT - Country Music Television
Date: Monday - August 8, 2005
Time: 10/9c PM
Duration: 1:00

about: CMT Inside Fame: Tammy Wynette [TV-PG]
Tammy Wynette's dramatic personal life -- fraught with five complicated marriages, nearly 30 serious operations, chronic addiction to painkillers and an unsolved kidnapping -- often threatened to overwhelm her career. But through it all, her talent overcame each obstacle. For more than 30 years, Wynette's music chronicled the classic themes of loneliness and the search for love. These were themes she knew and understood all too well. Her journey to fame included all the usual trappings of one who has achieved the pinnacle of success -- Grammys, three CMA awards for female vocalist, command performances for five Presidents and induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame. Wynette died in her sleep in 1998 at the age of 55. Her untimely death opened a debate that continues to this day, despite autopsy findings. Here, Wynette's family and friends reflect on the life and career of the country music legend. Interviews include Wynette's daughters Jackie Daly and Georgette Jones, former husbands George Jones and George Richey, as well as Shania Twain, Dolly Parton, Vince Gill, Trisha Yearwood, Lorrie Morgan and Sheryl Crow. Excerpts from CMT Inside Fame: Evelyn Shriver, Wynette's publicist, on the debate surrounding Wynette's death: "I think she deserved better than she got in life, and I certainly think she deserved better than she got in death." Daly, on her mother's mysterious death: "I had seen her and she was asleep. But, looking back, I wonder if she was deceased at that time." Richey, on finding that his wife had died: "I did what I always did, looked to see that Tammy was OK. And I looked and I said, 'Yeah, she's fine.' And I happened to look again, and I thought, 'Is she OK?' I think I'm saying I was having second thoughts. 'Did I see her move?' I then touched her and realized that I thought she was gone." Wynette (archived), on her substance abuse: "I had lived on pain pills for four-and-a-half years because I had horrible, horrible stomach pain and I didn't know what was wrong. So I decided that I wanted to go to the Betty Ford Center to see if they could teach me any way at all to see if I could live with some of the pain." Georgette Jones, daughter, on her mother's love of performing: "There are times I know that she wished that she didn't perform when she was sick and that she would rather just have been at home resting. But for the most part, I think she really was driven to sing and to perform because she loved it so much." Linda Cayson, childhood friend, on Wynette's many marriages: "She was so strong, and yet, she seemed to always need somebody. A man. She needed a man in her life." Morgan, on the tumultuous relationship between Jones and Wynette: "George and Tammy were the country music couple. They were married, they fought and they loved. They separated. They sang together. They lived together. They went through everything you can imagine to go through and, in my opinion, still loved each other." Patricia Ireland, former President of the National Organization for Women, on "Stand By Your Man": "To me, there were a couple of lines in that song, besides the overall theme, that really rubbed feminists the wrong way. One of them was the saying 'You'll have bad times, and he'll have good times' and the notion that you'll forgive him: ''After all he's just a man.' The idea that those lyrics conveyed to some people was that women had to put up with anything." Burt Reynolds (archived), on Wynette: "She didn't think she was attractive. She didn't think she had anything to offer. And she couldn't have been more wrong. She was the whole package." Twain, on Wynette: "Tammy Wynette is one of those, not just voices, but one of those people that I think personified country music." Parton, on Wynette: "She'd just stand there and sing, and you'd just think, 'My God, is she singing that? She's not even moving.' It always amazed me how she could just get all that out, and you'd never even know there was any effort put into it. It was just so natural for her."
Old 07-19-2005, 11:53 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

I am not sure, but it does sound very familiar. I know her daughter Georgette was hot about the autopsy as is stated here. It was a few years ago now, so I don't remember all the details. I want to say I've seen a bio on Tammy berfore, and maybe that is why it seems familiar but I can't be sure.

Steve
Old 07-19-2005, 05:54 PM
Board Administrator

Yeah, it is just old Shania footage.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Post New Thread Reply