PDA

View Full Version : Raining On Our Love

Jud
12-16-2005, 12:34 PM
Recently while listening to TWIM again just caught me, that this song may be the best showcase of Shania's vocal abilities, or one of the vocally most demanding songs of her. I really like how she changes her voice from strong to gentle or hurt.

Sometimes I feel, it's a waste that Shania doesn't use all her vocal abilities, while I really like the convesational style she sings on COO or UP!.

Steve F
12-16-2005, 03:11 PM
That is so true. She is using her voice so well in this song. Even though it was never a hit, I love it. It is so beautiful and yet nice when she is coming off the chorus where she sings "Now, she gives the love I did not show." Where she does that little show-ow-ow and changes her voice just the slight little right amount there. Can't seem to say it just right, but that to me is pretty awesome in my opinion. HEY1

Steve

AINAHS
12-16-2005, 03:14 PM
It was a hit to me and in my book that is all that counts...

Steve F
12-16-2005, 04:26 PM
You got that right AINAHS. HEY1 If you're anxious for each song to play and waiting for that one to roll around, then I guess it really is a hit. :)

Steve

cbspock
12-16-2005, 07:05 PM
All the ballads on TWIM are great! I love them all. Her lower vocals are awesome.

-Chris

milos_v6
12-25-2005, 03:50 AM
It's not all about vocal abilities, I think. Mariah Carey, for example. She is using full range of her voice, but that's not the point.
Everything she has recorded from 'butterfly' album is **** (except "whenever you call" and "Through The Rain"- now that's full range), must admit. She saw her influence in RnB? Too bad. She could stay big diva. Ouch, this is Shania board, sorry.
Music is important. That's the first thing I noticed, when I didn't know who is Shania. Ok, lying, I saw her music video, and to be honest
I' didnt like HER, at all. I think it was TDIMM. And, later ....SHE impressed me.
Hey, but it's not easy runnin' all over the stage and hold breathe for singing. I really admire her. She is a real prof.

Steve F
12-26-2005, 12:59 PM
Milos, I don't think you can really compare them. They are two totally different kind of singers, if that makes any sense. But you do have a point. :)

Steve