PDA

View Full Version : Waiter Bring Me Water

Shaniafan2000
11-13-2002, 12:22 PM
I wasn't too sure about this song when I first heard it a couple of weeks ago when the whole ablum was posted online by mistake, but after listening to it more, I really enjoy this one a lot.:cool: I still want to hear the country version which hasn't been posted yet...:rolleyes: I"m not sure this will be one of my favorites immediately, but then again I have had songs i have initally not liked or thought were too different...I absolutely love...for example I wasn't real fond of Honey I'm Home at first, which is crazy I know, lol, but I absolutely love it (the country version especially) now. now everytime i'm at a resatuarant and i order water i will only think of Shania's song!:D

FV
11-13-2002, 12:28 PM
I LOVE IT! LOL!:BL I have been waiting for this one to be posted for 12 days basically...:BL This has PURE Shania attitude, the song even tops MIFLAW in my opinion....great lyrics, well sung...Shania does now how to use her voice and I think Mutt has outdone himself in merging the Indian sounds influence into the song....I cannot avoid dancing when I hear this song...I love HIS backup vocals on the track too...the way he says Yeah...:D
This song title would be cool for a sign at a concert: Shania: Bring her Water! hehe

Redhead Bee
11-13-2002, 12:53 PM
am i the only one who did not like it ?

cbspock
11-13-2002, 01:09 PM
I love this song!!! I just hope Shania makes a really funny video for it.

-chris

Joni
11-13-2002, 01:30 PM
You know how a dog cocks it's head and then turns it a bit when you talk to it(the dog)......I feel like I'm doing that about this song.

And I think oriental not Indian when I hear the music but its very possible I don't know what I'm listening for.......

Attitude, yes but not in the way I would expect. At 37 if a man acts this way you walk out and get on with your life. So I guess what I'm saying is I think the song story is for a younger crowd and (let me duck here).....singer. Oh geez, now think about it. Shania in a video with a man overlooking her to see a PYT and she stays there and is taking it in a sense...no way. Heck forget the age, I wouldn't have taken it at 20 if some fool was acting that way.............so where am I going with this? I don't know, I'm still doing the dog imitation...........

Joni

Debbie
11-13-2002, 01:49 PM
I love the lyrics to this song!! I'm not so sure about the oriental (to me it sounds oriental) flavor to it. But the lyrics are great. I have on many occations told my husband "did you want to take a picture?" when some young chich-a-dee walks by. So this song is perfect. To me it fits us older generation, too. My husband says that he can't emagine that if someone were with Shania that they would look at anyone else. My husband always answers me back that when he quits looking I should bury him. Well, now when he looks I will just ask for water!:BL

Debbie
11-13-2002, 01:50 PM
Forgot to post that I like the country version better. To me it is a little less 'oriental'.;)

cbspock
11-13-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Debbie
I love the lyrics to this song!! I'm not so sure about the oriental (to me it sounds oriental) flavor to it. But the lyrics are great. I have on many occations told my husband "did you want to take a picture?" when some young chich-a-dee walks by. So this song is perfect. To me it fits us older generation, too. My husband says that he can't emagine that if someone were with Shania that they would look at anyone else. My husband always answers me back that when he quits looking I should bury him. Well, now when he looks I will just ask for water!:BL

I have to agree with your husband..if I was sitting with Shania, everyone else is irrelevent.

-Chris

BlueJill
11-13-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Joni
Oh geez, now think about it. Shania in a video with a man overlooking her to see a PYT and she stays there and is taking it in a sense...no way.

I agree, yes, but what if, in the video, there is a scene going on with a young girl and a young guy, and Shania is sorta the narrator? Singing beside them without them noticing her, kinda WBHYBBU?-ish...That's how I picture it, anyhow.

Much Love,
Jill :p

Joni
11-13-2002, 02:29 PM
Well Debbie I'm trying to see your point, of course we ALL look but it seems the guy in the song is just being so obnoxious about it......and I assume they aren't married so that friendly "joking" about it wouldn't happen. Maybe I'm taking the song too seriously :) I have to say when I think of Cledus as the man it makes me laugh......I'll listen to it again later when I'm in a lighter mood:)

Joni

Cheyenne55
11-13-2002, 03:12 PM
so where am I going with this? I don't know, I'm still doing the dog imitation...........

Joni

:D :D Thats exactly the feeling I have about this song. I like the Banjo sounds on the country version, And I kinda like it, but then , uh, my head is slanted to one side too. ;)

cbspock
11-13-2002, 06:31 PM
Love the country version better than the pop version, it does sound less oriental in sound, and Shania's voice is not buried in the music. However, that may change when I hear them on CD.

-Chris

Joni
11-13-2002, 07:56 PM
I listened again...like the country better but I'm still just not into the song.......I believe I've pinpointed the reason......It seems too serious and not playful. The music (for the most part) sounds like serious music not "playful upbeat" music and to me it doesn't mesh....I need (because of the lyrics) for this to be fun and upbeat and it isn't......when she sing "Waiter bring me water" it's full of an angst song sound, like her heart is fearing or aching. To me it should sound in a way that we can imagine everyone laughing at this guy and the waiter laughing and bringing a hose.....I don't get that feel.

But tomorrow another song!

Joni

Cheyenne55
11-13-2002, 08:10 PM

Joni

I can tell you that the last 5 songs on this album are killers!!!
Great songs that are bound for the charts.

Tomorrow (Nov 14th What A Way To Wanna Be!"
Friday, Nov. 15 "I Ain't Goin' Down"
Saturday, Nov. 16 "I'm Not In The Mood (To Say No)!"
Sunday, Nov. 17 "In My Car (I'll Be The Driver)"
Monday, Nov. 18 "When You Kiss Me"

I ain't going down is a very good, well written ballad.
I'm not in the mood is a very playful song
In my car, Classic Shania fun lyrics that will have people singing out the windows of the cars
When you kiss me. ahhhh, another love song for the spring time

cbspock
11-13-2002, 08:13 PM
I listened again...like the country better but I'm still just not into the song.......I believe I've pinpointed the reason......It seems too serious and not playful. The music (for the most part) sounds like serious music not "playful upbeat" music and to me it doesn't mesh....I need (because of the lyrics) for this to be fun and upbeat and it isn't......when she sing "Waiter bring me water" it's full of an angst song sound, like her heart is fearing or aching. To me it should sound in a way that we can imagine everyone laughing at this guy and the waiter laughing and bringing a hose.....I don't get that feel.

Joni

Joni...adjust your ears, I think you are listening to the song wrong. It is fun and playful. Shania is singing this song with tongue firmly in cheek. I already have a vision of what the video should look like.

-Chris

cbspock
11-13-2002, 09:10 PM
joni...
shania explains the song.....

http://www.newshaniamusic.com/listenup.htm

-Chris

Jud
11-13-2002, 10:31 PM
It's a bit strange, but funny song.
I see it more like a 'situation-comedy' (if that is the right definition in english?)
And the twist is that it can happen' to women with the looks of Shania too, beauty, sexiness (?) or appeal is a question of personal taste and chemistry

Sheri
11-14-2002, 12:13 AM
Don't forget, Joni, Mutt loves to watch the fashion channel so he can see the tall, long legged blondes. :D I LOVE this song. I go through that when my husband watches Seven-of-Nine or T'Pal (you understand, Spock ;) ) I don't take it seriously. Looking is good and looking good is good, as a wise, beautiful singer once said. :D

cbspock
11-14-2002, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Sheri
Don't forget, Joni, Mutt loves to watch the fashion channel so he can see the tall, long legged blondes. :D I LOVE this song. I go through that when my husband watches Seven-of-Nine or T'Pal (you understand, Spock ;) ) I don't take it seriously. Looking is good and looking good is good, as a wise, beautiful singer once said. :D

Those two do nothing for me, if you said Jadzia Dax:eek: I would agree. :p I have a Shania interview where she mentions Mutt watching the fashion channel, Shania said he would pick out outfits that she should try, or something like that, or point out some of the models. Shania sounded like she wanted to smack him.

Sheri
11-14-2002, 01:59 AM
She spoke about it very good naturedly. :)

cbspock
11-14-2002, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Sheri
She spoke about it very good naturedly. :)

Yes, she did, it was a very light hearted comment she made about wanting to smack Mutt.

-Chris