Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > General
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 01-29-2003, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bmdoobiew

Thanks. I spent a lot of time on this.

YOU SOUND VERY TALENTED,DON'T WORRY,EVERY ONE DOES THIS SOMETIMES ,I HAVE.

WELCOME TO THE BOARD AND HAVE FUN.

USE YOUR TALENT TO GET THE MESSAGE OF THE ARTICLE OUT.
Old 01-29-2003, 11:47 PM

http://boards.countryweekly.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=3;t=17859;hl=shania
Above is a link to a CW Board page, which posts the Slate article but a poster also offers another version.
That being that Shania indeed was miked and singing live only to the Stadium audience but the TV Producers, mindfull of the world TV audience fed a tape of her songs to TV at the same time because they wanted it to be perfect. I think that is far fetched because why woud they do it for Shania and not for the other performers. But even if it can be done, the Producers would be in violation of their contract with Shania. Shania would be furious with them for all the **** she is taking and I'm sure Mercury and Shania & Mutt would sue their a**es off. Even if it could not be proven that it was done that way, the news wires would pick up the storey and take the heat off Shania. Intersting version but I do hope this contraversy does not affect Shania's career. I'm sure that it won't. Shania has whethered worse things in life and comes back like the Energiser Bunny- confounding her critics and thrilling her world wide fans.
Old 01-29-2003, 11:56 PM
Board Administrator

I think some of these mis steps, will be all forgetton at tour time. Just like when the COO started.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 01-30-2003, 03:54 PM

I would like to express my gratitude to Shania and her team for having the courage and fortitude to take center stage at the Super bowl half time show at a time when our nation has serious security concerns and we are under terrorist alert. The performannce was excellent. The choice of songs was a zesty blend of old and new. The sound on my TV set came through in a clear and satisfying way. The visual presentation was stunning. You seemed to be in good health and great spirit. Shania, you scored the most exciting touchdown of the day.
Warmly, Davidj
Old 01-30-2003, 05:27 PM
Men are like shoes...

Here is a message posted by a member of the Fan Club. It was on their message board. It pertains to the Superbowl performance, hopefully it will make it clearer.

Re: Superbowl Halftime Show (cntrygrl94)
Posted: 01.30.03 10:13 AM Modified: Never new reply

Here's some news on the whole lip synching scenario at the half-time show. One of the DJ's from the radio station I listen to spoke with the Audio Producer of the show, Paul Lezewsky, and he told her that all of the performances, including Shania's, were pre-taped and the performancees were done with the "band-in-a-box" method. Meaning that yes the tape was playing during the performance, but the main vocals were turned all the way down. The problem came up when Shania went into the crowd and didn't make it back on stage in time, that's when he turned the taped vocals up so she could make it back on stage. He then turned them back down when Shania made it back. He said that, rest assured, Shania was singing live for the majority of her performance.

I know most of us didn't really care if she lip synched or not because she had a great performance, but I thought I would help clarify the situation.

Men are like shoes....made to confuse
There are so many of them...I don't know which ones to choose!
Post New Thread Reply